Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Passenger

Default Has anyone been on the Monarch of the Seas lately? If so...

Please tell. How is she? How does she compare to the Majesty?
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:52 AM
Familiar Face

My husband and I just came off the Monarch the end of September. We've sailed her twice this year, and Majesty once this year. The Monarch is very similar to the Majesty, as they are sister ships. The Monarch doesn't have a Johnny Rockets, but I think everything else was the same. Monarch sails from Port Canaveral, which is nice, much easier to get to the pier than the Majesty in Miami. The food was better on Monarch, although the menu was the same. The temperature was correct for each item and it just seemed more flavorful both times. The service was OUTSTANDING on Monarch. Our first cruise, one of our bags went missing at the pier. We had no swimsuits, camera or other personal hygiene items for our 3 night cruise. However, we were did receive an onboard credit at the end of the cruise, and Monica in guest relations was so caring, she was always calling us to check on us and make sure we were ok. My husband's dress socks were one item missing, and she went to the employee store and brought him a pair when the passenger rental station was closed. She truly went above and beyond. Our second Monarch cruise was flawless in regards to service. If you like Majesty, then Monarch should be another outstanding cruise for you.
Monarch OTS over and over and over again
Carnival Imagination 5/2009
Oasis OTS 2/2010
Grandeur OTS 3/2010
Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Familiar Face

My husband and I just came off the Monarch the end of September. We've sailed her twice this year, and Majesty once this year. The Monarch is very similar to the Majesty, as they are sister ships. The Monarch doesn't have a Johnny Rockets, but I think everything else was the same. Monarch sails from Port Canaveral, which is nice, much easier to get to the pier than the Majesty in Miami. The food was better on Monarch, although the menu was the same. The temperature was correct for each item and it just seemed more flavorful both times. The service was OUTSTANDING on Monarch. Our first cruise, one of our bags went missing at the pier. We had no swimsuits, camera or other personal hygiene items for our 3 night cruise. However, we were did receive an onboard credit at the end of the cruise, and Monica in guest relations was so caring, she was always calling us to check on us and make sure we were ok. My husband's dress socks were one item missing, and she went to the employee store and brought him a pair when the passenger rental station was closed. She truly went above and beyond. Our second Monarch cruise was flawless in regards to service. If you like Majesty, then Monarch should be another outstanding cruise for you.
Monarch OTS over and over and over again
Carnival Imagination 5/2009
Oasis OTS 2/2010
Grandeur OTS 3/2010
Old October 24th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Beginner

Default Just returned from 10/19 cruise...AWESOME TIME!!!

We just arrived home from our cruise on Monarch of the Seas, very tired and satisfied. My boyfriend, sister-in-law and brother-in law and I had a wonderful time aboard this lovely ship. It was their 1st cruise ever and our 2nd with RCL.

Aside from thoroughly enjoying the delightful entertainment and delicious food in the dining room (what's up with the awful food in the Windjammer Cafe?? ), and the hilarious Quest game (OMG - do not, I repeat, do not miss this event!! ), the crew on the Monarch is THE BEST crew I have ever sailed with!!! (Yes, I am aware of my improper English).

I cannot say enough kind and wonderful things about our waiter Amit and his assistant, Sunshine - they catered to our every whim and made us "happy-happy"; Mr. Tony Santos accomodated our every time change request for the "My Time Seating", he truly made it our time.

Our lunchtime waiter, Gilberto and his assistant Markland, made our lunch Thursday a very momentous occasion - We have our own song forever!!!

Marita is a very kind and sweet stateroom attendant; she made our cabin feel like home, albeit a tiny bit smaller... and the drink waiter in the Viking Crown lounge, Momo, saved the day for me just by finding some toothpicks for me when I desperately needed them. It's a long story...

Anyway folks - if anyone out there has any reservations at all about sailing the Monarch, don't hestitate one minute longer - book your sailing immediately. I do believe you won't be disappointed - except if you eat most of your meals in the Windjammer...
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ShelleyCruise Send a message via Yahoo to ShelleyCruise
Default Re: Has anyone been on the Monarch of the Seas lately? If s

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellandtim
Please tell. How is she? How does she compare to the Majesty?
Hi, Both of these ships are basically the same as they are sister ships-both built in the early 1990's,
Chuck and I have been on The Monarch twice in 1996 & 2003 and though she was the smallestof the ships-she was still grand-especially if you have not experienced the mega ships out there.