CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Great Article (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/368460-great-article.html)

thecruisequeen October 2nd, 2009 07:54 AM

Great Article

on the Oasis on the homepage by Mr. Motter.

Interesting that cruisers have to pay upfront for 150 Central Park. I wonder if a cruiser cancels once onboard if they would get a full credit? After all a cruiser can change their mind.

I would think Royal would have planned everything out right from the begining. How will the passenger flow work? Will there be lines in certain places? What about enough elevators?

It will be interesting to read the first few weeks of reviews.

I think it will be a fun family oriented ship. We shall see.....

:D

Robbie H October 2nd, 2009 09:54 AM

WOW...u guys are quick! We attended a virtual expo on "Oasis" this week and it does seem like they have used a lot of forethought. The new terminal just to handle 15 minute passenger to ship seems very ambitious but they are throwing it all out there so we can hold their feet to the fire if need be. As a fellow cruise junkie, I really hope their marketing plan becomes a reality ;>)

Dave Beers October 2nd, 2009 11:04 AM

Re: Great Article

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
on the Oasis on the homepage by Mr. Motter.

Interesting that cruisers have to pay upfront for 150 Central Park. I wonder if a cruiser cancels once onboard if they would get a full credit? After all a cruiser can change their mind. :D

If you cancel specialty restaurant reservations within 24 hours of the dining time you pay a $10 pp cancellation fee.

At the Oasis virtual expo earlier this week, one executive said their mantra was "no lines".

Another tidbit - your cruise card takes on new importance aboard the Oasis. They will scan it when you report to the muster drill. They will scan it at the door for reserved shows. The bar waiters will scan it with handheld readers.

thecruisequeen October 3rd, 2009 09:37 AM

$10. bucks is not bad. However I would think cruisers that make a reservation would keep it anyway.

"No lines" sounds good we shall see. :)

Manuel October 9th, 2009 04:59 PM

CQ, you will be among the first to find out how things work on the Oasis.

TM

thecruisequeen October 9th, 2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel
CQ, you will be among the first to find out how things work on the Oasis.

TM

TM I love the new ship smell.... 8) 8) :D :) :-P LOL LOL LOL

venice October 10th, 2009 04:35 AM

CQ..did we miss something :?: are you booked for the Oasis so you can christen the Bolero's dance floor or is Manuel and his bride treating you to an early Christmas present :wink: