CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Lobster... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/368472-lobster.html)

jlmkey October 3rd, 2009 12:01 AM

Lobster...

majesty of the sea...is lobster available at all?

blueliner October 3rd, 2009 07:14 PM

Depends on if they received a shipment of lobster. On the formal night, if they've gotten a shippment in, they will have lobster. On my last cruise on the Majesty OTS, it was just Lobster tails.

Portslug October 3rd, 2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueliner
Depends on if they received a shipment of lobster. On the formal night, if they've gotten a shippment in, they will have lobster. On my last cruise on the Majesty OTS, it was just Lobster tails.

6 Cruises and Ive had nothing but lobster tails. I would imagine they would have lobster on your cruise jlmkey dont worry.

thecruisequeen October 3rd, 2009 09:35 PM

That is good to know. I thought they did away with lobster on under 7 nite cruises. :D

dave 3261 October 4th, 2009 02:22 AM

I have never seen whole lobsters on a cruise, just lobster tails. Has anyone been on a cruise where they served whole lobsters?

Carnival Victory, 2003
Carnival Victory, 2004
RCI Explorer of the Seas, 2009
RCI Explorer of the Seas, January 2010

blueliner October 4th, 2009 10:59 AM

Yes, many cruises I've been on has had full lobster. My cruise on the Adventure OTS had full lobster, and when I sailed on the Majesty a month later it was only lobster tails. I don't know if the cut-off is 7 nights or more for full lobster. When I started cruising 6 years ago, every cruise I was on had full lobster.

dave 3261 October 4th, 2009 11:26 AM

I was on a nine night, only tails. What size lobsters are we talking about?

Carnival Victory, 2003
Carnival Victory, 2004

thecruisequeen October 4th, 2009 12:19 PM

I have yet to see full lobster on a cruise always tail. :-?

jlmkey October 4th, 2009 10:27 PM

Thanks to all....appreciate the replys

Mike-Suz October 5th, 2009 01:07 AM

We've done 2 different 7 nighters on Freedom and never saw a whole lobster on the menu. We DID see plenty of crabs in the dining room though!

dave 3261 October 5th, 2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueliner
Yes, many cruises I've been on has had full lobster. My cruise on the Adventure OTS had full lobster, and when I sailed on the Majesty a month later it was only lobster tails. I don't know if the cut-off is 7 nights or more for full lobster. When I started cruising 6 years ago, every cruise I was on had full lobster.

Were they a nice size. Did they crack them open for you? Were they boiled, broiled, stuffed. Whole lobster is fresh not frozen like lobster tails. I would love to have this on a cruise. I'm surprised sailing out of the northeast I have never seen this as lobsters are caught in cold water. Live lobster is much more rare in Florida and warmer climates.

thecruisequeen October 5th, 2009 07:21 AM

As a lobster lover I think I better book the cruises that Blue books. Seems like he lucks out and gets full lobster. LOL LOL

I guess as long as I get any type of lobster (tail or whole) I'm happy. :D

:twisted: 8)

Manuel October 6th, 2009 09:47 PM

The tail is the best part.

TM

dave 3261 October 7th, 2009 01:13 AM

Lobster tail is good but it is frozen lobster, Whole lobster is fresh. On my last cruise I had two plates of lobster tail and than one of my table mates jokingly told the waiter I wanted another one. The waiter ran off and came back with a third plate which I happily ate :) I like the claws on a nice 2 or 3 pound lobster.

Carnival Victory, 2003
Carnival Victory, 2004