Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Beginner

Default 2 Questions for those who've been on Liberty of the Seas

Hi guys, this is my third cruise overall but it's been a while so I have a couple of questions. I'm going on a cruise on Liberty of the Seas on the 17th of October out of Miami. I've googled numerous times the past 2-3 weeks and cannot come up with any answers, so hopefully this last ditch attempt to get this information will give me a better idea of what I need to know.

This cruise is part of my yearly "away game trip" for my favorite NFL football team, the New Orleans Saints. I will be going on the 7-day cruise and then attending the Saints/Dolphins game the day after the cruise returns in Miami. Unfortunately, going on this cruise means having to miss the home game before (vs. the Giants, who the Saints play THIS Sunday). This will be the first home game I've not attended in the last ten years, so that should give you an idea of how big of a fan I am, lol.

With that said, my two questions:

1. Is there anywhere I would be able to watch this game on the ship? I know the staterooms are probably not likely because it's a closed circuit network and I don't remember Royal Caribbean ships having the FOX network (the channel the game is on). The game, according to everything I know so far, will be a nationally televised game. I've heard they have a sports bar but I wasn't sure if they had networks like FOX/CBS, or if they just had ESPN.

2. If the answer to #1 is no, is the internet connection (wifi OR stateroom) fast enough to stream any of the following: the Direct TV NFL Sunday ticket internet streaming service OR a slingbox streaming broadcast OR at the very least, a low-bandwidth JustinTV stream? I'll have access to all three of those methods of viewing the game. I just need to know which of those the internet connection on the ship can handle? Also.. is there an ethernet jack in the staterooms?

Thanks guys. I really, really appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer these questions.
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

The sports area near the theatre usually have sports games showing. You can ask as soon as you board the ship where to catch the game. You can also change the channel since there are often 5 or 6 TV's lined up for such a viewing.

The gym also has sports shows playing. Ask the people running the gym for information (they are often sports fans themselves.

Have a great cruise.
Old October 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

The connection is too slow to stream, and even if you could pay $30/hr for watching the game
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Passenger

Games are aired in the Schooner Bar. Siestabea
I am an independent traveler, but don't like paying the single supplement. I love to cruise and do it often. I winter on Margarita Island. Next December I would like to visit South Africa. I also have an interest in the Pacific.