Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2009, 02:23 AM
First Mate

Default Cave Tubing - Belize

I've been thinking/re-thinking going cave tubing in Belize and currently CCL no longer offers this type of excusrsion but RCI still does.

I'm wondering what cave tubing company RCI uses??

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2009, 06:43 PM
First Mate

I did the cave tubing in Belize; it was a good time. We did the combo zip line & cave tubing tour - I'd recommend it. If you don't do a shore excursion in Belize; don't bother getting off the ship; the area you dock is not all that safe.
Old October 24th, 2009, 07:56 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember
I did the cave tubing in Belize; it was a good time. We did the combo zip line & cave tubing tour - I'd recommend it. If you don't do a shore excursion in Belize; don't bother getting off the ship; the area you dock is not all that safe.
Me, too. We did the combo. It was a good experience. I agree -- do an excursion or forgetaboutit. I noticed that those of us who did this through the ship got better tubes. I chose the combo because research told me that if you wanted to do boh the zip and the tube, you could be cutting it close, time wise, with a private excursion. Our bus was pretty old, and I wondered, but felt confident that the ship would wait if anything happened. I don't know who RCL uses, but our bus guide added interesting info, our tube guide was very good, and the zip people very professional - even the lunch in the forest was pretty tasty. It is always a good thing to help the local economy by taking an excursion rather than just staying on board, imo. Relatives thought they would just beach it -- but you would have to go to an island to find a nice beach. It's pretty third world outside the area designated for ship passengers. Lots of hawking -- very Jaimaca.