CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Mega Superstar on the Oasis..... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/369002-mega-superstar-oasis.html)

thecruisequeen October 24th, 2009 08:59 PM

Mega Superstar on the Oasis.....

The Beautiful and Talented Rihanna will be performing on the Oasis on November 19th. :D :D

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/up...9_2008/r_0.jpg

Manuel October 24th, 2009 10:47 PM

All I can say is ( WOW! )

TM

Sulross October 24th, 2009 11:15 PM

Must Be For Crew

Must be for crew only as her first official sailing is not until December

thecruisequeen October 25th, 2009 09:27 AM

It's a private sailing. Starting this week there is a contest going on to win a change to see Rihanna live on the Oasis. :-P

There is info on Cruisemates home page regarding this contest. :)

Love Rihanna's music, voice and fashion style. 8)

When she belts out one of her most popular hits "Umbrella" on the Oasis stage it's going to be amazing!! :D 8)

Donna October 25th, 2009 10:05 AM

I actually heard that on the radio while driving home from work the other day, amazing![/b]

Manuel October 25th, 2009 12:46 PM

Of course the Oasis, won't be properly borken in untill the Cruisequeen sails on her.

TM

felix_the_cat October 25th, 2009 01:59 PM

"mega" star? Not to everyone. Good but not mega.

Kuki October 25th, 2009 05:46 PM

I'm actually amused by the big deal being made about a Rihanna concert on the Oasis, because not ONE paying customer will see it.

Those onboard will be industry types, media, and travel agents.

The paying customers come later, and their cruise fares will be helping to pay for the customer. Guess I'm a cynic now LOL

felix_the_cat October 25th, 2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki
I'm actually amused by the big deal being made about a Rihanna concert on the Oasis, because not ONE paying customer will see it.

The paying customers come later, and their cruise fares will be helping to pay for the customer. Guess I'm a cynic now LOL

Now we know why they cut the loyalty program to the bone - to pay for the "mega" star to entertain people who aren't paying to cruise. LOL rofl

thecruisequeen October 25th, 2009 07:15 PM

Will there be a Mega Superstar on the Allure too :?: :?:

Beyonce, Britney or the one and only Diva Madonna.... :-P :) :D

thecruisequeen October 25th, 2009 07:18 PM

Wait better idea how about Enrique Iglesias..... :-P 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_H0F_h4RqC5...ck+My+Love.jpg

venice October 25th, 2009 08:29 PM

I would suspect Whitney Houston would be the perfect mega star for the Allure :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

and our own CQ and John Travolta will christen Boleros :wink: :wink:

Ladylouwho October 26th, 2009 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki

Don't forget many, many of the (former) RC's. They have been getting their emails in the last couple of weeks. Many are bragging about it online (as usual). Even the minor rec'd one and he can't go because he is under age 21. His parents are both going tho...travel agent invite for them, I think.

Considering the new FTC regs, I wonder why RCI chances it. Guess the regs don't come into effect until December? Getting that payment in just under the wire.

Apparently RCI must feel the payments are worth it. So many of the (former) RC's don't post much under their original monikers, they have new ones. But it is the same old, same old. It is so obvious. The boards on the other side are slower than I can remember them being in a long time, yet there are an amazing number of "new" posters with extraordinarily high post counts. They also happen to be extremely knowledgable about cruising and sing the praises of RCI, while bashing any perceived negativity against RCI. Doesn't take a rocket scientist......LOL!

Colleen

thecruisequeen October 26th, 2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice
I would suspect Whitney Houston would be the perfect mega star for the Allure :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

and our own CQ and John Travolta will christen Boleros :wink: :wink:

Whitney also another mega superstar. :D Rihanna has 53 awards under her belt and over 12 million records sold in a short 4 years in business.
Whitney has a beautiful voice. Alicia Keys another one with a great voice.

It would be an honor to christen the dance floor with JT. LOL :wink: rofl

I just hope in the contest they choose many winners to go. At least Rihanna would have an audience that love her and her music versus an audience of industry types who are not going to be dancing out of their seats when Rihanna belts out "Please Don't Stop the Music". LOL LOL

I hope this concert is televised. I want to at least see it on tv.

Well the contest I think starts today so I better keep my eyes and ears open. :D :) :-P Not that I'll even win. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

venice October 26th, 2009 09:55 AM

soooooooooo CQ......I plan on entering also, so we could both wind up on the same ship at the same time :o :o :o :o :o :o

I better hang out in the Latin clubs in the French Quarter and practice my Salsa so I won't embarass you at Bolero's...I happen to see Saturday Night Fever on tv for the 100th time this weekend (while waiting for the Saints game to start) and will practice all of the dance moves of the Latin couple at the very end of the movie that should have won the dance contest according to John Travolta

I think we would look pretty cool doing that dance on the OAS

thecruisequeen October 27th, 2009 10:24 AM

Venice the latin couple in SNF were good but Tony Manero is best! 8) :D

I have a feeling on that mini cruise filled with the industry types there will not be much dancing. Might not be the Boleros type of crowd. LOL

Now where are the details on this Rihanna contest! :twisted:

venice October 27th, 2009 10:31 AM

well I listen to my local clear channel station this morning while I was walking and did not hear any details, but if I do, I'll let you know

Mike-Suz October 28th, 2009 04:44 PM

It is my firm belief (with all due respect) that BRITNEY does not belong in the same sentence with Beyonce or Madonna !! But that's simply my opinion and you know what they say about those things LOL

thecruisequeen October 28th, 2009 05:47 PM

Mike you may be right.

Madonna also might be a bit much when she steps onto the stage with her cone bra and rated R moves. :shock: LOL LOL

Beyonce might be the better choice.

:-P