Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2009, 03:35 AM
Passenger

Default Price Drop!

Already drop $412 (balcony) since I booked the cruise. Yeah. Indy sailing March20th 2010. This is great. I have got to call TA Monday morning to let her know what is going on. I haven't made final payment yet but I bet I will do it when I call. This savings has paid for my plane ticket. I feel really lucky that I booked when I did and the price is droping like it is. I also got to use my $125 gift certificate so I have almost got the pre-cruise room paid for also with that savings...... I know I am rattling on but I tend to do that when I get a deal on something. It's like getting a lucky scratch off lottery ticket....
Keep safe, healthy & happy!
Jeanne

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2009, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Congrats on the price drop!!! That is great!!

I might have to join you on that sailing...

CQ's Cruise Resume

Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old November 1st, 2009, 09:18 PM
Passenger

Default Do I get the reduction in price?

When I booked our cruise the cabin was $1349. Now it is booking for $937, I have not made my last payment yet. It stays for new reservations only. So will I get the reduced price or have to pay the about I agreed too? Not sure how that works. I was waiting to hear from TA for final payment due to her sending in my certificate for $125 off a baloonly because of C&A. Help me if you can. I am going to call TA tomorrow morning to find out what she says but not sure if I really care for her that much. Seems like she is not really working for me that much. Didn't get the flight I wanted and she didn't book a smoking room like I ask for in the pre cruise hotel. OH well I can go somewhere else next time I was just wondering if I needed to finish up payment tomorrow to get the price listed now. Thanks for any and all replys
Jeanne
(I'm what my grandma called a "worry wart" )

Old November 1st, 2009, 10:11 PM
Admiral

If they price drop is not the Tuesday special (and it doesn't sound like it) and it's for exactly your category there is no reason you shouldn't get it. Did you check with your TA before you booked if she would honour price drops and if so, did she charge for them?

You don't have to pay off your cruise to get your price drop but your TA has to be willing to do it for you as you can't do it yourself.

Just a FYI - a lot of hotels don't allow smoking in any of their rooms anymore. Did you check directly with the hotel about that? Get the hotel res # and call the hotel yourself and have it changed to a smoking room. Unlike cruiselines they will talk to you.

Why couldn't she get the flight you wanted? Was it higher priced? Did you ask her about it?

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
Passenger

She went the cheap route on the flight altho I told her I would rather have the earlier flight. Maybe there wasn't a flight out at the time I wanted, not really sure about that. Now the hotel does have smoking rooms. I have the res. # for the cruise and the com.# on the flights. I didn't know I could call the hotel and ask for a smoking room. She just said it was non-smoking. I did tell her I needed smoking. The price of the cruise has dropped 2 times since I booked. I will be checking with her again tomorrow. I think I should get the reduced price. Just have to get her to do it for me. I talked to her about that last year but didn't bring it up this year. Everyone else seems to be getting it on the message boards and I will let her know about it. This is over $4oo cheaper. Thanks for your reply
Jeanne
Happing Cruising

Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:33 AM
Passenger

Default Thanks again Felix

Felix I just wanted to let you know how much help all the information was. It may not help me out with this cruise but it sure will on the next one. As they say," You live and learn." And I feel like I have learned alot from you. Thanks again.
Jeanne