Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Familiar Face

Default Just Back... Majesty of the Sea

Do not waste your time on the Main Dining Room...food is awful and the air is very pretenious...not a good dinig experience at all.
Windjammer is much better on everthing.
I really think the servers were embarrsed to serve it.....would have gotten up and left if not to be rude.
We were on the Monarch of the Sea in April this year (sister ship) totally different expe....found everthing to be really nice....the very reason we booked again with RCI.
Majesty OK at best.....probally will not use again.
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just returned from Majesty as well. The food was better than what I was expecting based off other reviews and comments. We had been on Sovereign in 2002, so kind of concerned about the condition of the ship. The $40million renovation has really refreshed this ship. I would go on her again and again. Don't expect Celebrity or Crystal cruise quality, but expect a good time and you will get it! I will be posting a full review in the review section and pictures soon.

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas 12/4/2009 Bahamas
Carnival Valor 3/9/2008 Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas 6/24/2006 Western Mediterranean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 5/29/2006
Carnival Conquest 6/20/2004 Western Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas 12/20/2002 Bahamas
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:43 AM
SheilaA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstate7991 View Post
We just returned from Majesty as well. The food was better than what I was expecting based off other reviews and comments. We had been on Sovereign in 2002, so kind of concerned about the condition of the ship. The $40million renovation has really refreshed this ship. I would go on her again and again. Don't expect Celebrity or Crystal cruise quality, but expect a good time and you will get it! I will be posting a full review in the review section and pictures soon.
I have sailed on Majesty 6 times and have never had a bad experience. True, the last time I sailed on her was in 2005 and have not seen the "new Majesty" (renovation-wise) My travel agent "talked" me into trying a 7-day cruise and I haven't looked back. I would love to go on Majesty again (favorite cabin 7552) and would probably do a 3-day weekend cruise on her next year before heading off to sail on Serenade of the Seas. Happy sailing everyone.
Old December 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Admiral

Sailed her in 2000. We disliked pretty much everything about her. Would never do it again. Maybe the new ships are better.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
First Mate

I've sailed on Majesty five times, twice when she did the seven day runs and three times when she was moved to the 3/4 days runs. All experiences were good, she's an older ship; however, I believe the line has kept her in good shape and it nicer than most ships in her age range. As for food, it's hit/miss on any ship; honestly depends on the head chef serving that voyage and your personal food preference.

One thing strikes me as odd, which is that the food in the Windjammer generally is the same as that in the dinning room; if one was horrible and the other fine - just seems odd to me. The other point made that "air is very pretentious"; I'm not sure what the poster meant by this? It's a formal dinning room, does one expect saw dust on the floor or "flare" on the wait staff suspenders? If Majesty's dinning room was considered to be "pretentious"; not sure how the poster would feel on Freedom where the dinning room has an $800,000 chandler in it?