Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Next Cruise account ?

Has anyone purchased a Next Cruise account from RC while on a cruise? We did and I was told today that the $200 that I paid for it was OK but I would not recieve the $50-$200 shipboard credit as PROMISED me by the person that I bought it from while on a Panama Canal cruise.

Damn, I hate being hustled.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
First Mate

Can you explain what a "Next Cruise Account" is? If you are referring to booking a future cruise while sailing onboard a cruise; I'd like to understand "why" the cruise line would reverse the shipboard credit? Are you aware that RCI only allows (1) discount for your cruise? So if you opted to take the onboard credit offered for booking a cruise on a cruise then you get that, if you choose to use a coupon the cruise line sent to your house then you get that, etc. Perhaps you can let us understand what happened with some further detail.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Admiral

What is your level with RCI? Do you book balconies? If you are plat and/or book balconies you will get a choice when you go to book. You will be told that you can have your C&A discount on your balcony or you can have your OBC from your FCC. Your choice.

The problem is the FCC is of no real use to the cruisers unless you are going on your second to fourth cruise and are not sailing in a balcony.

The fact that they don't tell you this when you buy one is a rip by RCI. It means absolutely nothing to you, the consumer expect giving them $100 or $200 of your money to play with until you decide to book.

They are now a complete waste of time and money and I would never recommend them to any of my clients.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Admiral

I have used 2 "Next Cruise" certificates, and on both I received the OBC and the $100 off for booking a balcony as a Platinum Level C&A member. The "Next Cruise" has nothing to do with the C&A discounts that I know of, the whole purpose of the "Next Cruise" certificate is to obtain the OBC by booking another cruise (without picking a specific cruise) while onboard your current cruise.

When I booked my upcoming cruise on the Voyager OTS, I used a coupon and got the $50 off, used my "Next Cruise" certificate and received the OBC, used my Platinum C&A discount to get another $100 off my balcony, and finally used my RCI Credit Card Points to get an additional $350 OBC, so you can use all these discounts and receive the OBC. I don't really understand why the OP didn't receive their OBC, there must be more to the story.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old November 22nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner View Post
I have used 2 "Next Cruise" certificates, and on both I received the OBC and the $100 off for booking a balcony as a Platinum Level C&A member. The "Next Cruise" has nothing to do with the C&A discounts that I know of, the whole purpose of the "Next Cruise" certificate is to obtain the OBC by booking another cruise (without picking a specific cruise) while onboard your current cruise.

When I booked my upcoming cruise on the Voyager OTS, I used a coupon and got the $50 off, used my "Next Cruise" certificate and received the OBC, used my Platinum C&A discount to get another $100 off my balcony, and finally used my RCI Credit Card Points to get an additional $350 OBC, so you can use all these discounts and receive the OBC. I don't really understand why the OP didn't receive their OBC, there must be more to the story.
When did you get your NCC? That makes a difference as well. I was told (and I am a TA as well) that you can use OBC from the NCC or your balcony discount but not both. However, if you had purchased them before the changes were made you are entitled to all discounts. And you were able to use a coupon?? When did you book your cruise. They haven't allowed all 3 that you mention for over a year. Your Credit Card points are entirely different and not part of this issue.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 22nd, 2009, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am a Diamond member with 19 cruises with RCCL.

I found the REALLY good deal on RCCL's website, no coupon required.
I booked a balcony for a 7 night Mexican cruise, 55+ rate. Paid it in full.

My TA, Cher, asked them to apply the coupon and she was told they would only accept the $200 but not the credit. My TA is working hard to help me.

I also bought their stock at $33 per share and I don't know if they will honor the perks that went with that.

I also have the RCCL credit card with 1,500 points and will see if the still honor that.

Maybe I need to buy these things through a lawyer.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 05:33 PM
Admiral

RCI, as is their right - not that it makes it right, can change the rules as they want. They have made huge changes and in the process, lost many long time clients. I believe that's they price they were willing to pay.

I understand your TA is working hard for you, and I'm glad to hear that, but the fact is they've changed their rules and there really isn't anything you or she can do about it.

The won't give you the OBC as you used the coupon. If it is a $50 coupon try to have that reversed so you can have the $200 OBC. I would be absolutely shocked if they will do it any other way.

The credit card credit should be OK as that is sponsored by a bank - not RCI.

And no, you won't get the stockholders benefit if you have an OBC from RCI already.

Best advise I can give you - dump the coupon. You don't stand a chance on any of the rest. All these new rules kicked in months ago.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:10 PM
Admiral

I purchased 2 NC certificates in Sept. 07 on our Alaska cruise on the Vision OTS. The first I used in Dec 07 for our Oct 08 cruise on the Adventure OTS, and the second I used in just 2 months ago when I booked our Europe cruise on the Voyager OTS for next October 2010. I had no problem applying the coupon, the OBC and the balcony discount. I'm also a TA and if my clients want to buy a NCC onboard, i give them them a letter of introduction for them to give the onboard Loyalty Ambassador so the booking is credited to our agency. I have applied many NCC for my clients as well and never had a problem getting the OBC and the balcony discount for those that were eligible for it.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:11 AM
Admiral

That's very unusual. You own yes, you bought them before the changes so they would honour all. As for getting all the perks now - not happening. They are not combining and if you are managing to do that kudos to you cause they rest of us sure can't.

No matter what, I always submit coupons even when balcony discount has been applied and each and every time they have refused them. Tell me your secret.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Talking Happy Days . . .

My problem is over.

I called and they were great.

My credit was applied automatically when I booked the cruise. She said thatís the way itís done.
I CAN use the stock credit because I bought it before the change.
I can also use the 1,500 points from my credit card for another $150.

Me happy!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Familiar Face

I had the same experience when I tried to use both my NCC and my Platinum credit. When we booked on-board in January, we were told they were combinable, but were informed differently when we tried to use them. We were told by C&A that the changes went into effect Jan.1st but the info didn't get to all of the C&A reps on-board the ships. Sounds a little fishy to me. I'll still be using RCCL, but I won't be booking on-board anymore. There is no benefit to do so.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Way to go Don! So glad your credit did work out, I know you were a bit stressed about it..

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Way to go Don! So glad your credit did work out, I know you were a bit stressed about it..

Message Boards Moderator