Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Passenger

Default Diamond Members RCL

I have resently read serveral reports of diamond member fussing about benefits being cut in September. Two that had been on Oasis and complaioned they couldn't use concierge lounge that only diamond plus could use it. Both made reference that diamond members benefits had been cut. I have not heard of this and I don't always belief what people write because some think they are due special attention because of who they are. Any help appreciated,
Sovereign Of Sea 2003
Adventure of Sea 2004
Adventure of Sea 2005
Radiance of Sea 2005
Sovereign Of Sea 2005
Carnival Fantasy 4-1-06
Brilliance 12/1/06
Sovereign Of Sea 2-12-07
Freedom Of Sea 5-13-07
NCL Pride of America Hawaii 9-7-07
Majesty Of Sea 12-1-07
Mariner Of Sea 4-27-08
Vision Of Sea Nov -3-08
Majesty Of Sea 1-24-10
Oasis Of Sea 4-24-10
Enchantment Of Sea 6-16-2011 (coming)
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Administrator
Admiral

David:

It is true that use of the concierge lounge was limited to only suite passengers and Diamond Plus members. The lounges could not handle the high number of passengers.

On many ships a Diamond lounge has been set up for Diamond members to have a continental breakfast and wine, soda and beer in the evening. On Voyager, Freedom and, I think, Oasis class ships there is a Diamond member seating area in the buffet.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Admiral

There is also a diamond "function" for D members where they can have a glass of wine or pop (I can't remember if beer is included) each evening. If you want any other kind of drink it's 25% discount.

For the larger ships that have both a diamond and concierge lounge d members can use their "own" diamond lounge only. They still do not have access to the concierge lounge.

There are numerous complaints about the breakfast section and it was changed but I can't remember exactly what or where to.

Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

The Diamond benefits were dramatically cut and then some limited benefits restored.

If you read between the lines, it's really not the lounge access per se. It's no more free drinks for Diamonds. They did agree to offer limited wine (not very good) or fountain soda (no cans) after so many complaints.

The new Diamond booklet no longer has any freebies.

The Diamond balcony discount can no longer be combined with shareholder OBC's or advanced booking OBC's.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old December 18th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Familiar Face

So.......No free cocktails in the Diamond Lounge on Independence between 5-8:30?
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:11 AM
First Mate

If you're sailing on a Freedom Class or Oasis ship with a "Diamond Lounge" (located in the Viking Crown) you'll get the free booze just like before. What it being said is that on those ships with "only" a conceige lounge; access to it is limited to Diamond Plus and Suite Guests. For regular diamond members, you'll get a cocktail hour each night in another designated place of the ship whereby you'll get free wine/soda and 25% off mixed drinks. Basically - sail on Freedom Class or Oasis and you're services from a lounge perspective are pretty no different.