Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Beginner

Default Air cards for laptop on Adventure of the Seas

I understand that Internet access is no longer available in the cabins on Adventure of the Seas. For business purposes, I need Internet access and was hoping to find a way to do so in the stateroom. I have been in contact with both RCCL and my cell phone provider and am told that an international air card atteched to my laptop "should" work when at sea and in port. Has anyone every attempted this? I know it is an expensive option.
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I can't answer if Aircard will work onboard. Some ships limit the cell usage to voice and text.

Even though there is not wi-fi access in the cabins there are multiple hot spots throughout the ship.

The library, lido deck, meeting rooms and numerous other public areas all have wireless access. I have used unused meeting rooms when I needed privacy and quiet.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

AIr card will only work if it connects through GPRS, check your carrier, Sprint does not use this. Cheapest way is to go into port and use an internet cafe very cheap and quick.