Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Familiar Face

Default Has Anyone used "Luggage Valet"?

I am sailing on Radiance of the Seas from San Diego and am interested in the luggage valet service.

Do they take your luggage the night before or do you give it to someone after you go through customs?

What is the cost and is it available in San Diego?

If you have used it could you tell me if it was worth it.

Thanks,
BB
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Captain

Default Luggage Valet Service

We used the valet service on our last cruise. We put our luggage out the night before we arrived (as normal), but there were airline baggage tags attached - we got them a day or so before arrival.

When we arrived at our destination, our bags were there. No problem, no hassle.

We were staying in a suite, so our valet service was complimentary. I'm trying to remember what the price was, and $20 per bag comes to mind - but don't take that as gospel. I do remember that I had to fight with the people at Guest Relations to get the charge removed from our onboard account. They kept saying it was the airline's charge for checked bags. But, we were flying first class, so there was no charge from the airline. Finally got it straightened out.

We were apprehensive about using it at first, but it turned out well, and we would use it again.

Norm
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Familiar Face

Thank you!

It sounds great to put your luggage out the night before and not have to worry about it until you arrive at your home airport. I know I'll probably worry until I see it on the luggage carousel.

I'll be in a suite. Will the concierge take care of arranging this and can the concierge also print the boarding pass?

Thanks,
BB
Old January 13th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Captain

Red face Valet Luggage Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBooper View Post
Thank you!

It sounds great to put your luggage out the night before and not have to worry about it until you arrive at your home airport. I know I'll probably worry until I see it on the luggage carousel.

I'll be in a suite. Will the concierge take care of arranging this and can the concierge also print the boarding pass?

Thanks,
BB
You will get something in your suite a few days before your return, and you will need to fill out the information (date of flight, airline and flight number, etc.) The forms are pretty straightforward, and easy to fill out.

You will not need to attach the normal colored tags to your bags, since they will be taken directly to the airport and not to the baggage carousel at the pier.

I printed our boarding passes using the internet terminals on the ship. I don't know if the Concierge would do this or not (if you're in the Royal Suite, they probably will).

Just a note: They won't let you use the valet service unless your flight leaves after a certain time, and as I recall, if you have a connecting flight, it must be on the same airline.

Also, you may have to argue with Guest Relations about your final bill if they charge you the valet service fee. It is complimentary to suite guests. Don't let them hook you for another $40.:evil:
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Beginner

I highly recommend Luggage Valet as well! You get off the ship first, get your airline boarding passes delivered to your room, and get to enjoy the rest of your day without having to deal with luggage. They do have this service at San Diego and you can use it if you flight out of SAN is leaving after 11:30AM or later. The cost is only $20 per person as well, a great deal for what you get :-)
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Familiar Face

Just a follow up.

I used this on Radiance and it was wonderful. We recieved both our ship disembarkation tags and our airline luggage tags the last day of the cruise. We placed both on the luggage and set them out in the hall. The next time we saw them was on the luggage carousel at our home airport.

This was a wonderful service and I would pay for it again. It is nice that it is an included service for full suites.

Betty
Old May 25th, 2010, 12:54 PM
First Mate

Default Luggage Valet

A great service well worth the expense.

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08