Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Familiar Face

Default Royal Caribbean Air Sea

Do you trust the RoyaL Caribbean Air-Sea program?

It looks like it says they will "try" to get you to the ship on a different flight if your plane doesn't make it, but there isn't any guarantee. If they can't help you then you still have to pay the difference yourself.

So what is the point? Is it worth using RCCL's so-called guarantteed air-sea program.

Seabourn 1995 - Carnival Elation 1996 - Sea Princess 1998 - Crystal Harmony 1998 - Grand Princess 1998 - Holland America Ryndam 1999 - Renaissance 2000 Oceania 2002 - Carnival Conquest 2004 - Pride of America 2005 - Emerald Princess 2006 - Crsytal Serenity June 2008
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Captain

From what little I've heard about air-sea flight packages, I would shy away from them. They are going to do what's cheapest for them and not worry a whole lot about you either getting there way too early or nearly too late. When they say "they'll try", I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Also, remember the airlines are trying to do way more with way less these days and there are far fewer flights available than even a year or two ago.

Everybody has their own ideas on airfare, best deals etc and I'm sure some will respond who have had good experiences with sea-air packages. I've always belonged to AAA and go in to their travel office to book my cruises. They've always obtained really good flight rates for us where I can't imagine an air-sea package being too much cheaper...Plus they always get us on flights with reasonable times. If you can possibly spend the night at a hotel before your cruise, it's MUCH more relaxing.

Last edited by ready2board; January 13th, 2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Add information
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Captain

I use the air sea when I have an "open jaw" itinerary. The package for an upcoming transatlantic is $809 USD. For air and transfers it is about double that if booked myself. On a roundtrip I compare pricing for customers and if it's not overpriced, I prefer they take the package. "ChoiceAir" is new but am running a couple of comparisons on it and it seems like a good addition to their playbook.