Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Passenger

Default On AOS in March ? About shore excursion(beach) in St. Lucia to Rex St. Lucian Hotel

Has anyone been to this Hotel? What is the beach like? What about the rest of the hotel property. Would you suggest this hotel for a day trip or something else? The trip is an excursion offered by the cruise line. I have been to St Lucia before and did another ships excursion by land and sea(saw the Pitons & the the volcano). This trip I want to enjoy the beaches of all the ports of call. Thanks for your comments in advance .
Monarch of the Seas (RCCL) 3/01 -Southern Caribbean
Song of America (RCCL) 10/90 -Western Caribbean
MTS Jupiter (Epirotiki) 7/84 -Mediterranean
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default beaches in St. Lucia

Went to the Sandals in St. Lucia, there were actually 3 different ones to choose from. They have a booth at the pier and you just take a taxi over, not too far. The beach was beautiful. Sorry, haven't heard anything about the hotel/beach you are asking about, possibly look it up and see what they have there to do. I did, however notice how nicely the Sandals welcomed the cruise passengers.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Passenger

Donna,
Do you recall the cost of the taxi ride to the sandal resort or what it cost to get into the resort and what it basically included. Which of the 3 Sandel did you visit?
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Worldtraveler,
I believe the cost of the day pass was around $80 at the time, been a few years. The taxi ride couldn't of been much, it was the closest Sandals to the port. Actually when leaving St. Lucia, you could see the Sandals and the beach and pool. I'd guess at around $10 to 15 dollars taxi ride.

The fee for the day pass basically entitles you to food/drink and the pool and beach area, no guest room though. I actually thought the food on the ship was better, but it was all your could eat/drink.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Passenger

I too will be on an cruise stopping in St. Lucia in March. The last time there, we took a taxi to a local beach for about $12 a person each way. Not sure of the name of the beach. What tour did you take the last time there? We were thinking of doing one of the Shore and land tours or a 2 hour beach break (SL69) this time.

Explorer of the Sea 03/28/10
Explorer of the Sea 04/26/09
Explorer of the Sea 9/28/08
Celebrity Ships previous sailings
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by laccruise View Post
I too will be on an cruise stopping in St. Lucia in March. The last time there, we took a taxi to a local beach for about $12 a person each way. Not sure of the name of the beach. What tour did you take the last time there? We were thinking of doing one of the Shore and land tours or a 2 hour beach break (SL69) this time.
Hi Laccruise,
The last time we were in St. Lucia we did the Land & Sea to Soufriere. The first trip of the excursion was by land to the drive thru volcano and than we saw the Pitons. Than Boarded a boat and sailed the island--stopped for a swim and than back to the ship. This was one of our favorite islands that cruise. Have fun on your cruise!

Last edited by world_traveler_et; January 17th, 2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: correct grammatical error
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:53 PM
First Mate

We took a taxi at the pier to Reduit beach, I believe it was only around thirty bucks round trip. The beach was great with a great outdoor restaurant and we even stayed later than planned because we didn't want to leave.
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007
Monarch June 2006
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by world_traveler_et View Post
Has anyone been to this Hotel? What is the beach like? What about the rest of the hotel property. Would you suggest this hotel for a day trip or something else? The trip is an excursion offered by the cruise line. I have been to St Lucia before and did another ships excursion by land and sea(saw the Pitons & the the volcano). This trip I want to enjoy the beaches of all the ports of call. Thanks for your comments in advance .
We also are going south for the first time on AOS in April and would you recomend the ships excursion by land and sea.Plus any other islands that might be must see things?We are doing a b2b
Thanks
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by madham View Post
We also are going south for the first time on AOS in April and would you recomend the ships excursion by land and sea.Plus any other islands that might be must see things?We are doing a b2b
Thanks
Hi Madham,
Yes, I would recommend the ships excursion by land and sea in St. Lucia. This was the best excursion of our trip that year. When we went, the boat was larger than a catamaran and we were able to do a rope jump off the boat into the water during our swim. When I read the ships exursions it looks like they are now using a catamaran. In Barbados we took a tour to Harrison's cave but I am not seeing any tours or any mentions, lately. I am not sure if Harrison's cave is still open. As far as St Marteen's is concerned --I am still trying to figure out what to do. I Have been there twice. This time I am looking at just spending the day at a beach. Enjoy your cruise.
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Passenger

Harrison's cave in Barbados was open last year when we cruised. We also took a land/sunken ship tour the year before. It was great. Many fish seen during snorkle portion.

Explorer of the Sea 03/28/10
Explorer of the Sea 04/26/09
Explorer of the Sea 9/28/08
Celebrity Ships previous sailings
Old January 21st, 2010, 10:09 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info
You also have a great cruise