Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:38 AM
First Mate

Default Any sailed on Netherlands Cruise?

I'm scheduled to sail on Vision of the Seas in July which leave for 6 nights to St. Petersburg, Russia, Poland, Sweden and Finland. Has anyone does this cruise before, if so any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Do lots of research to make sure you get the most out of it. In Russia, RedOktober Tours seem to have a very good reputation.
Where about in Sweden are you visiting?
I am guessing Helsinki in Finland, if so check the web maps to see just how easy it is to walk into the main areas, as well as the day tickets for the trams - a great way to explore. If you are thinking of going to Sibelius Park, check what other people think, we were most disappointed by it.

Have a great cruise,

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:28 AM
First Mate

We sail from Stockholm then off to Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Gdansk (Poland) and lastly at Visby (Sweden).

Looking forward to the trip as it's my time in the Baltic. My European travel has generally been limited to Italy, Greece, France, London and Ireland.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 05:55 PM
Familiar Face

We did this cruise many,many years ago. It was wonderful. Be sure to visit the Hermitage in St. Pete
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM
First Mate

The shore excursions to St. Petersburg are completely overpriced; a van rental for the day is like $1500!?!!? That's more than we're paying for a balcony cabin! Any suggestions on shore excursions into St. Petersburg? Also, it appears I have to apply for a VISA to get into Russia, do I need to handle this or will the cruise line? My assumption is to do it myself.
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

I donot understand what Netherlands has to do with this cruise. The ports you mention are far away from The Netherlands....
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM
First Mate

"6 night St. Petersburg & Baltics Cruise" is where we are headed.
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ine View Post
I donot understand what Netherlands has to do with this cruise. The ports you mention are far away from The Netherlands....
I think he meant Scandinavian.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old February 4th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Admiral

Hi again, I have seen many messages on this site for Red October tours in Russia. We have never used them, but those that have seem to be very pleased with the service received. I believe that they will also take care of the visas that are required.

Should be worth taking a look at them.

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old February 4th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Check out prices and reviews for DenRus, Alla tours or Red October, they all do tours of St Petersburg and if you go with them you do not need to obtain a visa. Most do two day tours and have many excellent reviews.