Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Familiar Face

Default Baggage and RRCL

I paid for a round trip transfer from the pier to the airport. Upon leaving for home from a cruise and the bus dropped you off at your air Carrier of choice. Once you got off the bus and claimed your luggage and saw your luggage by color. Did not check tags just assumed it was yours. Upon arrival at home and you discovered in horror it was not your luggage! What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would call the airline and have them pick up the wrong luggage and get cooking on finding yours. A good chance it was just left at the cruise terminal...Just a good reason to really check the tags on luggage, so many of us have the same luggage, its difficult to know for sure unless you see your name on the luggage tag.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 29th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Admiral

I would take it back to the airline if I lived close enough to the airport, otherwise I would phone them immediately. The biggest problem, of course, is there is no tag on it to say who it does belong to otherwise you wouldn't have it would you?

When I've been waiting for our luggage to come on the carousel, I've noticed there are many people who pull all sorts of luggage off thinking it belongs to them. When it doesn't, some put it back and some just leave it where they yanked it off.

On our latest cruise I saw a women pull several bags off the carousel and open them at the top, I assume checking to see if they were hers. She should have had names tags on the handles not have to open them. That is rude.

I always have tags on ours and if I saw someone opening one they would be completely embarassed by the remarks they would hear from me.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old January 29th, 2010, 06:23 PM
First Mate

I guess not everyone completely fills out the colored tags given to you on the cruise to determine when to debark. If so you would at least have some sort of contact info on the wrong luggage. If the error was made while retrieving your luggage from the bus, before checking it in at the airport I would contact the cruise line to see if they have info on your luggage and ask what to do with the luggage you have. Another reason why people put ribbons, tape or some other type of identifying thing on their luggage to make it easier to recognize (and always have a luggage tag with your name etc.. on it) Good luck let us know what happens.
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007