Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Question Liberty of the Seas - W. Caribbean Questions

Sailing on a Freedom Class ship for the first time ~ Liberty of the Seas, one of The Cruise Queen's favorite ships, I believe.

I was checking the deck plans and I can't find a sports bar...do they have one? I'm hoping they do because my dad enjoys sitting there and watching sports all day ~ which is what he likes to do on vacation. Anyone have a favorite bar waiter on board? I'm used to being spoiled by Kevin, Chris, and Levi on Explorer...gonna miss those guys!

It's also my first time cruising the Western Caribbean Do you have any shore excursion suggestions for our ports:

Costa Maya, Mexico
Belize City, Belize
Cozumel, Mexico
Georgetown, Grand Cayman

We enjoy almost all activities so feel free to make all kinds of suggestions.

Thanks for your help!!!
Norwegian Gem
Voyager of the Seas - X2
Empress of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Celebrity Horizon
Monarch of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Carnival Fantasy
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Captain

Seems like it was outside the ice skating area but not certain
Old January 29th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In Grand Cayman, the most popular excursion is Sting Ray City...no need to book on the hsip for this one, there are many excursions off the ship, such as Capt. Marvin who have gotten stellar reviews. You could also check out the turtle farm and post a letter from Hell.

In Cozumel, you could take a jeep tour, some of my friends really enjoyed that, or sit at Carlos & Charlies, or Senor Frogs..2 infamous watering holes

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 29th, 2010, 09:42 PM
First Mate

Sports bar is on the Royal Promenade. Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman is a must do. Also, zip lining / cave tubing in Belize is awesome (btw - if you don't book a tour with the line, don't bother getting off as Belize is somewhat dangerous). Costa Maya is nothing more than a dock with an outdoor pool. There is a bus that will take you to a local beach, but that's about it. Honestly, the port looks like a place that was "made-up" for cruise ship passengers, really odd. Cozumel is great, enjoy Carlos & Charlies Bar - Tons of fun!
Old January 31st, 2010, 03:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_psu View Post
Sailing on a Freedom Class ship for the first time ~ Liberty of the Seas, one of The Cruise Queen's favorite ships, I believe.

I was checking the deck plans and I can't find a sports bar...do they have one? I'm hoping they do because my dad enjoys sitting there and watching sports all day ~ which is what he likes to do on vacation. Anyone have a favorite bar waiter on board? I'm used to being spoiled by Kevin, Chris, and Levi on Explorer...gonna miss those guys!

It's also my first time cruising the Western Caribbean Do you have any shore excursion suggestions for our ports:

Costa Maya, Mexico
Belize City, Belize
Cozumel, Mexico
Georgetown, Grand Cayman

We enjoy almost all activities so feel free to make all kinds of suggestions.

Thanks for your help!!!
Take the bus over to the fishing village and walk along the new boardwalk area. Some great deals for sitting on the beach and great food and drink. Our favorite little bar on the beach had been destroyed by the hurricane. We loved to sit in the swings and drink! They rebuilt and going full blast and so so excited that the cruise ships are back. Cheap massages on the beach too.

Belize...We booked the city tour with the airboat ride. We have done this twice. Awesome and each time something totally different.

Cozumel....We wanted to shop off the beaten path and so enjoyed our time although the storm came in and we were at Carlos n Charlies while it was raining.

We didn't get to Grand Cayman this time as we were the Liberty of the Seas itinerary with the RCCL Poker finals and that stop was taken off to meet the schedule of the players.

We are Explorer lovers but wow....two times on the Liberty and have to say....love the uncrowded feeling.
Old January 31st, 2010, 11:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_psu View Post
Sailing on a Freedom Class ship for the first time ~ Liberty of the Seas, one of The Cruise Queen's favorite ships, I believe. !!!
Yes this is true!

Enjoy your cruise Sharon!!!8)

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 1st, 2010, 08:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for all the information and the suggestions! I'm counting down the days until I get out of this cold weather and into the sunshine
Norwegian Gem
Voyager of the Seas - X2
Empress of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Celebrity Horizon
Monarch of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Carnival Fantasy
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Admiral

It is also one of TM's favorite ships, that is why we have done it twice.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Western Caribbean Excursions

Here are the excursions that we have booked this time around:

1) Costa maya - Private Catamaran Sailing and Snorkeling followed by the all inclusive beach break Costa maya Catamaran Sailing and Snorkeling

2) We've been to Belize a few times before and we have enjoyed the Xstream Zipline and Cave tubing and Lamanai as well. We are going to go to Lamanai Mayan Ruins again because my daughter is coming this time and heard how great it was.

3)Cozumel, we love Nachi Coccom All INclusive Beach Break its away from everything and we think its the nicest beach in Cozumel

4) In Grand Cayman, the Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran is great but if you want to spend a little extra for your family, we found The Outrage Stingray Eco-Tour to be out of this world. You get to go to stingray city and to starfish beach to hold the starfish, then you can do tubing behind the boat, the kids LOVED it. We did the full day, with our family and another family (the boat takes up to 10) and it was just ours, a private trip. John Michael our captain was excellent and it was the best day.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I kind of remember the sports bar by the ice rink too. I'm sure you'll find it, there is one :-)

Message Boards Moderator