Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Familiar Face

Default Oasis Questions

We are booking the Oasis on April 10th. How early can we arrive to board? Did some one say they were on board at 11am? Our last cruise was 2 years ago on the LOS and I didn't think I would book another cruise with RC. We have been pulled in by the Oasis.

Can some of you who have experienced the Oasis give some tips on how to make the most of the ship? When are the best times to take in the shows and do we need to have the shows planned ahead prior to boarding and getting tickets to those show as soon as we are on the ship?

When we were on the LOS we found that late night snacks were found through room service as the only places that had food were charging. Will we find this to be any different on the Oasis?

Carnival Dream 1/2012

Oasis April 10
Liberty of the Seas 08
Carnival Triumph 05
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi BJ,
YOu should be able to board around noon, although most of the time, you can't get to your cabin until 1:00. The buffet will be open for lunch and you can still tour the ship.

As for late snacks, there is always the promonade, lots of different places for a snack.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks Donna, When we were on the LOS the only place for snacks/food without paying was Sorrentos. I hope there is a little more variety on the Oasis.

Carnival Dream 1/2012

Oasis April 10
Liberty of the Seas 08
Carnival Triumph 05
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:02 PM
Admiral

We were onboard right after 11am. They announced that the ship was cleared earlier then usual.

Shows you can book right on line so you will have that already taken care of once onboard.
If you are planning to do the zipline onboard book that when you get onboard and you can only zip once during the cruise.

I'm not a late night snack person but if I remember correctly late night snacks will be Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos just like Liberty.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 2nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
Admiral

As stated we were able to board at 11:00 but we could not get into our cabin until 1:00. No problem. We went to the windjammer and had lunch. It is best to book your shows online before you get to the ship. The lines for the shows for people who didn't prebook were very long. They were on stand by in case someone didn't show up. Many were turned away. We saw all the shows and the theatres were filled to the max.
What DW and I did was on the first two sea days we explored the neighborhoods. On the third sea day we played golf did the zipline and had lunch at Giovonnies. (sp)
Book your specialty restaurants on line also. If you plan on doing the zipline go up to the fun zone and sign up as soon as you can. Book everything online that you can that will save you the trouble of not getting it at all. These things fill up quickly.

Other than taht play it by ear when you're on board and enjoy the ship.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
First Mate

Default Oasis

As the others have said, we were on just after 11:00 and in room at 1:00 time in between we walked the ship taking pictures where no crowds were yet and checked out our dinning table and such and changes could be made right then and there if needed. There is plenty of free food on Promanade in the evenings and late night. Book shows online prior to getting on. There are about 6 different shows or so to see and some were in afternoon which helps. You can still possibly get into a show without tickets on standby, but there are long lines and may not get in, just the chance you take. You can see it all in the week, but maybe not do it all. We did not get off the ship at any ports, since we had been to all many times, so spent that time just looking around the ship and enjoying the no crowd lines. Getting off is easy from what I hear for such a large crowd.
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks everyone for your feedback. One more question. On our last cruise on LOS we weren't in a hurry to get off the ship since we were staying in FL for a couple of days. Getting off the ship took forever!! Since we have to fly out ASAP I was woundering if they have better procedures for getting off the ship with so many people getting off.

Thanks.

Carnival Dream 1/2012

Oasis April 10
Liberty of the Seas 08
Carnival Triumph 05
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Brian,
When they ask during the cruise for your flight info for returning home, let them know you have an early one. We had no problems getting off quickly, very organized. They should give you an early color to get off the ship.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Had no problems with both embarkation and debarkation on Oasis. Both were quick and easy.

We have a super early flight home and will be 1st off the ship. We will have our luggage with us so we don't have to wait or look for our luggage.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 9th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Familiar Face

CQ, What time is super early? We are finding flights out at 11:55. Is this possible or should we go with the next flight which is at 3:15?

Carnival Dream 1/2012

Oasis April 10
Liberty of the Seas 08
Carnival Triumph 05
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Admiral

I think the flights around noon time are perfect. The flights after 2pm just means a longer airport wait time.

Our flight is at 10:30am out of Miami. After every cruise we are sitting at the airport by 9am and waiting hours for the flight. Of course anything can go wrong with debarkation which can cause delays. I'm taking a gamble this time. :o (not recommended though)

Our Oasis cruise was only the 2nd sailing so I was not sure how slow or fast debark would be so I went ahead and booked a 3:25 flight out of FLL to play it safe however it was too long of a wait. We were at the airport well before 9am.

The 11:55am flight is a good one.

Of course if you have time to kill in FLL airport Chili's is always great for lunch.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM
First Mate

I would also like to suggest the valet luggage service. They will collect your luggage the night before just like normal, but the luggage is tagged with airline tags and goes directly to the airport. You are also given boarding passes, so you simply walk off the ship with a guide, no customs, no picking up your luggage and go to the airport with your boarding passes in hand at around 8am
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Familiar Face

Yellosno, How do we sign up for the valet sevice and is there a fee? It sounds like the way to go.

Thanks

Carnival Dream 1/2012

Oasis April 10
Liberty of the Seas 08
Carnival Triumph 05
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:51 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjpram View Post
Yellosno, How do we sign up for the valet sevice and is there a fee? It sounds like the way to go.

Thanks
Around day three, you will be given a form along with the daily compass. The fee is $20 per person. For me it is worth every penny not to ever see your luggage until you pick it up at your home airport plus not having to check in at the airport. Just go to your gate.
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Thanks Yellosno!!! Great advise I'm taking advantage of valet that is for sure!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas