Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
I think you are right. I don't think she will go back to Alaska after this summer.

This will be the first time I have been on a radiance class ship. We were supposed to do a transatlantic on Jewel of the seas in 2007, but several of the ship's cruises were rescheduled, (including the transatlantic) in order to do a dry dock in Europe. Instead of leaving form Harwich, England and going to la Havre, and Ireland, (in September 2007) before crossing to Canada, it would leave from Barcelona (October 2007) with only a stop in Fungal before crossing the Atlantic and ending in Miami. So, we switched to Celebrity Constellation, which was doing similar ports, as we wanted to go to Ireland and Canada.

If Jewel of the Seas had gone into the Panama canal this season, we probably would have booked her in January instead of the Zuiderdam, as we still wanted to do a cruise on her. We would have just booked the Westerdam some other time for Aruba and Curacao.

Anyway, now, we will get to go on her sister ship.
Radiance class are my favourite ship. They are beautiful. They don't have all the toys the freedom class have but they are more beautiful. Lots of glass - so much to see.

I've looked at the Jewell transatlantic a couple of times but it just hasn't worked. We did the last Brilliance (sister ship) two years ago when she moved over to Britian on a permanent - at least a permanent as they get basis.

If her prices were so much higher and she did a Holy Land cruise, we we sail her again. Right now she's not doing anything we want to do.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Felix, we looked at the Brilliance of the Seas itineraries for a med cruise. I like one of them, the one that goes to Italy and France, and Spain ports, not the Egypt and Greece ports.

I think our friends would go for RCI also. The problem is that is a 12 day cruise, and they say they can only be gone 10 or 11 days, which is why we are looking at 7 and 9 day cruises.

My hubby and I will probably combine a few days on land either before or after the cruise, just the 2 of us-as the airfare is too expensive for such a short trip-but that is the length of cruise our friends want.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014