Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Beginner

Talking Amy Roloff's cruise for charity

Has anyone heard about the Amy Roloff Foundation doing a charity cruise for Royal Caribbean? How cool! A cruise with a cause! Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/v/qaE-jR1zD7I&hl=en_US&fs=1&
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Who is Amy Rolloff?
Old February 18th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Admiral

I have just found out - she is a little person. She is on a reality show with her family. They basically show the world that little people can do just fine. I saw one show of her family where they took in a family of five (I believe) from either Iraq or Afghanistan (sorry don't remember which country) where all the children had physical ailments that would not be able to be dealt with in their own country. Very caring person.

Apparently she is doing a cruise. I haven't seen too much on it yet but it is legitimate.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old February 18th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The Roloff's have a reality series on TLC or TDC. They are two little people with three children. Two children are normal sized and one is a little person. The show documents their lives. Both of the parents are active advocates for little people. The father was instrumental in adding accessories for height challenged people in Radisson and other hotels.

The father is a real entrepreneur and I know many people would love to have his enthusiasm and resourcefulness.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Her and her husband were on my Mariner of the seas cruise in 2005. (October 2nd through 9th) This was right before their reality series. They had done a one hour documentary on TLC, and I had seen it. I kept seeing them as we had an atruim statroom on deck 7 and they had a balcony room down the hall from us. I finally asked them if I had seen them on TLC, and they said yes, and told me about the upcoming reality series.

We even have Amy Roloff on video at the Nassau zoo. They had her and my daughter both participate in the "march of the flamingos." She and my daughter were the only adults chosen to participate in that march.

That same cruise we had about 300 LP total. I am not sure if they had a convention, or if simply they had booked together as a group of friends. We also had a bunch of "purple hat" ladies. That was an interesting cruise.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total