Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:20 PM
First Mate

Default Just Returned from Freedom - Any Questions?

Just returned from a seven day cruise onboard Freedom of the Seas; happy to answer any questions?
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

I miss the freedom did you have a good time? Did you go to portafino or do the flow rider? Did you have a good time? You do east or west cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember View Post
Just returned from a seven day cruise onboard Freedom of the Seas; happy to answer any questions?

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:19 AM
First Mate

We sailed western caribbean. Had a great time; dined in Chops and also rented the Flowrider out for an hour of private usage/lessons...pretty fun!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember View Post
We sailed western caribbean. Had a great time; dined in Chops and also rented the Flowrider out for an hour of private usage/lessons...pretty fun!

you can rent the flow rider out I like that idea alot.I have not done chop's yet plan on it soon. I got married on the FOS so when even i look at my wedding photo's there is always the FOS in the background.. Its a wonderful ship and crew.

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Old March 14th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Beginner

Default First time cruiser

We are going on Freedom of the Seas on April 18th and would like any tips that the average person might not know that helps out. Also ideas on what to do in Cozumel, Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Caymen. Thanks everyone
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:06 AM
First Mate

A couple of tips: One night of the cruise is Caribbean night; so many people wear a flowered shirt (Hawaiian). Also, as for things to do in the islands.

Grand Cayman = Stingray City Tour (a must do)
Cozumel = Dolphin Push, Pull Swim Tour (awesome tour if you want to have a great dolphin interaction)
Jamacia = Dunns River Falls - Cheaper to grab a cab ($10 per person R/T) and then pay $10.00 to get admitted to the falls. You do not need a "river guide" just walk to the bottom of the falls and start climbing. Bring your own water shoes or Teva's for the climb; basically any water shoe that will not fall off your foot (e.g., flip flops will not work).

Good luck.
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I didn't know you could rent the flowrider out for an hour or so, when I was on, it was always busy when it was open to everyone.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbl View Post
We are going on Freedom of the Seas on April 18th and would like any tips that the average person might not know that helps out. Also ideas on what to do in Cozumel, Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Caymen. Thanks everyone

I am going on the 18th as well. We are doing a catamaran beach ride in Labadee, Dunns river of course in Ocho and the Fury snorkel trip in Cozumel. In Cayman we are going to crash a hotels beach property and just chill on 7 Mile Beach all day. Done the stingray thing many times. Seen one seen em all. Have a good trip.
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Beginner

This will be the first cruise my family and myself have been on (FOS next month). We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Can you advise as to the dinner dress code and how it related to kids of this age? I understand that you are required to wear pants and no sandals... but do you think that children of this age falls under this same requirement? I certainly wouldn't have them in a t-shirt by any means... just wondering if it is adequate to have them in khaki shorts and a nice shirt? Thanks for any and all suggestions / advice!!
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:13 PM
First Mate

Children would be fine dressed as you've mentioned. The onboard kids programs are free and fantastic. Your 3 year old would have a ton of fun.
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Beginner

Has anyone been on Freedom's sister ships (Independence and Liberty) and if so how does Freedom compare to the other two in this class? We were just on Independence of the Seas last month and loved her. Since she will be staying in Europe next winter I am thinking of going on Freedom or Liberty next March.
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Hi Ski,
I believe if you like the larger ships with all the extra activities, you love the "Freedom" class.

Here is a link to a fairly recent review of Freedom:

Freedom of the seas

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Beginner

On the Eastern itinerary for first time visitors to St Thomas and St Marteen, what would be the best activities for family with two boys (11 y.o.and 15 y.o.)?
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Admiral

I've found that in both St. Thomas and St. Maarten, there are some reall good excursions. Just take a look at what the ship is offering to get an idea of all the different activities both offer, besides shopping :-) Both are fun to walk around town if you have time for that.

A visit to St. Johns from St. Thomas is also a great expierence, although it does involve some travel time. The beaches are beautiful and have some good snorkeling if the boys like doing that.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 20th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the info!
Old March 20th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyof4inNC View Post
On the Eastern itinerary for first time visitors to St Thomas and St Marteen, what would be the best activities for family with two boys (11 y.o.and 15 y.o.)?
In St. Thomas, I think boys of that age-and yourselves-would really enjoy snorkeling at Trunk Bay on St.Johns. Practically the entire island is a National Park so it's very pristine and Trunk Bay is one of the most gorgeous beaches I've ever seen. There is an underwater snorkeling trail which is great, washrooms, showers, and snack bar. In St. Maarten, the beach is very nice and 1 block from the shops, so the kids could swim while you shop I would have no qualms about leaving the boys alone-St. Maarten is a very safe place.
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette