Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Admiral

If they were on a lower deck-then perhaps not all the pipes have been replaced. If they are on an higher deck, I am worried.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on deck 8 on the June 11 sailing and we had no odor or plumbing problems at all.
Bob
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Do you know the approximate loction of those cabins? We are on 7 forward, port side.
Lou my friend said cabin 9580 had plumbing problems with odors. His entire group was on deck 9
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1 View Post
Lou my friend said cabin 9580 had plumbing problems with odors. His entire group was on deck 9
I have smelt sewage odors on almost every ship I have cruised. It comes with the territory. I am talking about toilets and showers backing up-etc.

I have now achieved-
146 days total
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

It's not good that there are still plumbing/sewer problems. This has been ongoing for well over a year.

Granted there are incidents on all ships of isolated backups and odor. I've experienced them on many ships but they were quickly taken care of.

If the plumbing problems were this extensive they should have hit more aggressively with a dry dock instead of fixing it on the fly over a one year period.

I figured since the "odor" reports had become less that the problem was fixed. I guess it isn't unless it was an isolated incident.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 21st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Passenger

Default Just my opinion

Something is wrong when someone says they were 50 and were one of the youngest on board...Everything else just seemed weird when I saw that remark. I'm in my 50's and in 9 cruises on RCCL, I've never been one of the youngest nor has the older age group been the predominant one on board. My Grandson has an infection right now, which is running around at his school. His school's attendance is about the same as a Radiance ship's capacity. If someone gets sick, it can spread. If you handle something germy, don't put your hand up to your eye...you could get an eye infection. According to this poster the ship is dirty, covered with germs and old people and I just don't believe that's the case. P.S. I love the beds and the food...so everyone's opinion is different.
Old August 21st, 2010, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
It's not good that there are still plumbing/sewer problems. This has been ongoing for well over a year.

Granted there are incidents on all ships of isolated backups and odor. I've experienced them on many ships but they were quickly taken care of.

If the plumbing problems were this extensive they should have hit more aggressively with a dry dock instead of fixing it on the fly over a one year period.

I figured since the "odor" reports had become less that the problem was fixed. I guess it isn't unless it was an isolated incident.

Take care,
Mike
Odors are not good, but with any ship that has a little age on it-this seems to happen. Since I have cruised 16 ships and only 4 were 2 years old or less when I cruised them, this has happened to me a number of times. Not great-but not as bad as flooding toilets and backed up showers.

When people talk about odors, I take it with a grain of salt. However, when they talk about flooding and backed up toilets/showers- well I don't want to experience that. We need our necessities.

I have now achieved-
146 days total