CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Diamond Plus - Anyone ever get the "free" upgrade? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/372448-diamond-plus-anyone-ever-get-free-upgrade.html)

DiamondMember March 11th, 2010 11:54 AM

Diamond Plus - Anyone ever get the "free" upgrade?

Hi all -

Question for our Diamond Plus members, has anyone actually received the mystery phone call within 14 days of sailing from C&A offering you the complementary upgrade to the next category booked? After 36 cruises with them, I've never received the call - but wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else? Maybe 36 cruise credits is a low number compared to other Diamond Plus members?

felix_the_cat March 11th, 2010 02:08 PM

Never - even when the DSM promised to speak for me as I had a group plus being D+ I didn't get anything. I don't think it exists. ;)

Robbie H March 12th, 2010 12:19 PM

Have gotten it twice and both times were from a "D" to a "JS." Right after I passed 50 credits they even called me before the 14 day window to make one of those offers. They are still few and far between. Didn't happen last month on a 4 nt "Nav" and doubt it's going to happen next month on the "Indy."

My understanding is that you need to ask when you request your amenity w/in 14 days of your cruise.

pleiku68 March 28th, 2010 03:57 PM

Over 40 cruises and never a phone call for upgrade.

MaryEBS March 28th, 2010 04:13 PM

We have been fortunate enought to be upgraded on several trips. The last time was on Freedom in December of 2008. We had an Aft Corner #1300 booked and we were offered a JS that we turned down... a couple of days later we were offered a OS so of course we then gave up the aft cabin. We have twice been upgraded to OS, twice to GS and once to JS.
I will tell you that on most occasions my husband was proactive calling Crown and Anchor within the 14 days before sailing for the upgrade...

brewtown March 28th, 2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEBS (Post 1282801)
We have been fortunate enought to be upgraded on several trips. The last time was on Freedom in December of 2008. We had an Aft Corner #1300 booked and we were offered a JS that we turned down... a couple of days later we were offered a OS so of course we then gave up the aft cabin. We have twice been upgraded to OS, twice to GS and once to JS.
I will tell you that on most occasions my husband was proactive calling Crown and Anchor within the 14 days before sailing for the upgrade...

So was it absolutely free on the upgrade?

Royalchump April 9th, 2010 08:44 PM

On our last cruise last week, we saw the D+ list, since this was our first D+ cruise we were listed way at the bottom (24 credits) - they had offered upgrades for balcony to Junior suites.

felix_the_cat April 10th, 2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royalchump (Post 1285343)
On our last cruise last week, we saw the D+ list, since this was our first D+ cruise we were listed way at the bottom (24 credits) - they had offered upgrades for balcony to Junior suites.

Where did you see a list???? I didn't know there was such a thing.........we're D+ - have been for awhile but didn't see any list. Of course we don't look for it either.

Royalchump April 10th, 2010 08:38 PM

We were booking a cruise with the loyalty ambassador, we asked about the list, she showed us an excel web sheet, we only saw it briefly. She said it was forwarded to every department head.

It was Name, cabin, Called ( with date), upgrade offered, number of cruise credits, it was sorted by number of cruise credits and of course we were at the bottom.

MaryEBS April 11th, 2010 10:04 PM

Yes. Absolutely free.