CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Vacations to Go info requested (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/372589-vacations-go-info-requested.html)

briguy March 16th, 2010 06:59 PM

Vacations to Go info requested

Am considering using Vacations to Go to book a back to back trip on two different cruise lines and wondered if anybody has any first hand experience with this agency. If so, what other offers or perks if any do they offer? I know they are a big outfit and dont want to get lost in the shuffle. Can anybody recommend them and why?

Thanks to all...

Robbie H March 17th, 2010 12:14 PM

I went through some training in Spain with a couple of their T/A's and I was very impressed. Their website is also very easy to navigate for specials. Since this is posted under "RCI" though it's important to remember that "RCI" implememted uniform pricing ( if a Caribbean cruise is $799 then that IS the price for every vendor).

azpilot March 17th, 2010 01:41 PM

We have setup every cruise we have been on with VtoG and have never had an issue with them. Found that getting the cruise as early as possible is the best way to go, we just setup our Mexican Riviera cruise with Balcony cabin for under $1300. I found that to be a pretty good price. Their reps are very knowledgeable and very friendly.

I highly recommend them.

ScurvyDog March 17th, 2010 01:45 PM

I have used several times with no problems.

johnryan3427 March 17th, 2010 04:24 PM

Never used Vacations to Go; but unfortunately recently I used Cruises Only through Choice Privileges... I'll never do that again...

Once the check clears you never hear from these people again...

cutiecat March 18th, 2010 11:28 AM

I used VTG to book my upcoming honeymoon cruise this coming May to the Mediterranean with Celebrity. VTG's price on their website was $700 cheaper pp than Celebrity's website when i booked for a veranda balcony room, and i got a $75 onboard credit. i have been very happy with their response time and service thus far~my contact person always answers my questions promptly, even on weekends, and is always very helpful.

beachbum13 April 12th, 2010 04:08 PM

I have used VTG twice and I'm very pleased. I was on the phone for 45 minutes with Nancy from VTG making a late booking for Easter week on Princess. And she finally found us a combo of two rooms and a price that was acceptable.

Queen of Diamonds April 12th, 2010 09:29 PM

If you are booking with RCCL or Celebrity just make sure they will honor RCCL and Celebrity's Price promise guarantee- that is, if the price of your cruise drops, you can claim a refund. Before final payment you get $ and after you get OBC. Some agencies will not honor this.
Bear in mind they cannot offer you cruises for less than the Cruise line charges, they will offer perks such as OBC, free travel insurance etc.