Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Beginner

Default Mariner aft staterooms?

We are sailing May 9 and wondered about cabin 9674. Rep said the balcony has a superior view. Is this true? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

the secrets out..aft calconies are fabulous..we had an aft corner in the Freedom.....quick, call the ta and grab it

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:01 AM
Familiar Face

We had an aft cabin on Explorer of the Seas and loved it. The balconies are larger. You don't feel any more movement then the regular locations. I would grab an aft whenever I can! (that doesn't sound right!?)
Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yep, those are good cabins, great views, both side and back, as long as it is on the side of the ship. When you get towards the middle there are metal support beams in the way of the view.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Passenger

Hi Venturabeach1,

According to the Mariner of the Seas deck plan on Royal Caribbean's web-site, cabin 9674 is on the aft port side of the ship. It is NOT an aft facing cabin. It is a
category D-2 (Superior Ocean View stateroom.) This may be why your rep said the
balcony has a superior view. Just want to help you make an informed decision.

Phil

Celebrity Solstice--Nov.30, 2008
Our First Cruisemates Cruise!!!
Old March 23rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
Beginner

Thanks to all for your input. I realize that, according to the deck plan, this cabin is not facing aft. The rep implied that there would still be a limited aft view because it is in the rear of the ship but I guess not.
Old March 24th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Captain

I am afraid the rep was just stating the category of cabin which is "Superior......." It's not a preferred location since you are still on the port side but will have quite aways to walk and feel more motion without the benefit of the aft facing cabin(s). Hopefully your rep has done their homework since selection may not be that great due to time constraint, Robbie
Old March 26th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Beginner

Robbie, you are right that there are no other balcony rooms available. I know about the long walk to the stairs but why is being on the port side a disadvantage? Do you think I should keep calling and try to get a room change? What are ther best balcony rooms (besides the end afts)? Thanks so much as I read you are Diamond Plus and must know this ship pretty well!
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Captain

Sorry, not bad to be portside, just some folks do react to being more forward or aft ( the see-saw effect ). We really love the aft facing cabins but the hump (protusion on the sides of many ships) can be very nice. We have both coming up in the future but am also trying out an oceanview that is forward facing next month. I really enjoy being able to tell customers I have done the ship and/or category of stateroom that I am suggesting to them. Don't miss the ice show on the "Mariner," was just on her in October and will probably be back on her next year.
Old March 26th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Beginner

Thanks for clarifying. I will try to get a cabin change but hope to enjoy the cruise regardless. Enjoy your upcoming cruises and thanks again. Nice people like you are the reason we love to cruise!