Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Jr. Suite Bathroom vs. Grand Suite Bathroom

Have stayed in GS, but have a potential upcoming trip that the difference in price is almost $1500. How do the bathrooms compare? Is JS in the line of a balcony type bathroom or is bathroom sumilar to GS with granite and sunken tub, etc.?

I know I lose out on the Concierge benefits, but $1500 will buy lots of drinks. Bathroom is important as my daughter takes lots of time and needs space!
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Junior suite:

Two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private balcony, sitting area (some with sofa bed), private bathroom with tub and shower, vanity area, minibar, television, safe, radio, phone, hairdryer.

Amenities include expedited luggage delivery, luxury mattress and pillows, upgrade bath amenities.
Avg sq ft cabin: 317 Balcony: 101

Grand Suite:

Two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private balcony, sitting area (some with sofa bed), private bathroom with tub and shower, vanity area, minibar, television, safe, radio, phone, hairdryer.

Suite enhancements include priority check-in, complimentary concierge club service, luggage valet service, pressing service formal night, reserved prime seating in main theater, VIP pool deck seating, full in-room dining menus, Mattel board games available, priority tendor tickets, private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant, priority disembarkation with continental breakfast, luxury spa bathrobes.
Avg sq ft cabin: 387 Balcony: 126
Attached Images
File Type: jpg juniorsuite.jpg (13.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg grandsuite.jpg (13.7 KB, 10 views)

Old March 28th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Admiral

The bathroom in the JS is not much bigger than a regular balcony but it does have the tub with the shower and it is less messy than a regular balcony shower but it sure isn't as nice as the GS. Does not have the marble or two sinks and all that wonderful stuff.

In saying that for a saving of $1,500 I would absolutely go with the JS.

(I've done both.)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Paul and Felix.

The double sinks would be nice...but again...$1500 is a lot of difference.
Old March 28th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I've stayed in a JS on Voyager and a GS on Serenade and Radiance. The JS was an aft cabin so the balcony and the cabin was a bit larger. The GS is wonderful but for $1500 I would also go with the JS.

The JS balcony is more like a regular bath but a bit larger and it has the 3/4 tub. There are no double sinks or granite counters in the JS but it is a manageable size.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me