Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Beginner

Default Shorter Cruises on Freedom & Liberty

I see Royal Caribbean is putting both Freedom and Liberty on short 4 and 5 day cruises.

I like the freedom class a lot - they are great ships, but they can't compare to Oasis. I guess it tough when you make your own products obsolete, kind of degrades pricing.

04-15-10
Royal Caribbean Offering Mega-ship Short Cruises in 2011
The second largest class of cruise ship in the world, the very popular Liberty of the Seas, will return to South Florida in November and offer two five-night and a four-night short Western Caribbean itinerary from Port Everglades. Sister-ship Freedom of the Seas will alternate seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean roundtrip itineraries year-round from Port Canaveral, Fla., and feature a five-night pre-holiday getaway to the Western Caribbean on December 18 and a nine-night New Year�s celebration cruise on December 30.

Liberty of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas boast an array of amenities that helped revolutionize the cruise industry, including the FlowRider surf simulator, the H20 Zone water park, a boxing ring, cantilevered whirlpools, and the four-bedroom, four-bathroom Presidential Family Suite that sleeps up to 14.

The world's largest cruise ships; the innovative Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas will continue their alternate seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Port Everglades, but Allure of the Seas will sail a special nine-night Eastern Caribbean holiday itinerary departing December 25, 2011, which features an additional call at Labadee and an extra day at sea to herald in the New Year.

The following sailing on January 3, 2012, offers a unique opportunity to sample an Oasis-class vacation on a five-night Western Caribbean itinerary, calling at Falmouth and Labadee. Or vacationers can combine the two sailings into a 14-night grand holiday voyage aboard the world�s largest and most innovative cruise ship.

The smaller Jewel of the Seas will offer vacationers two five-night and a four-night Western Caribbean itinerary from Tampa, convenient to Southeasterners. Year-round, Majesty of the Seas and Monarch of the Seas will offer three- and four-night short Bahamas itineraries from Miami and Port Canaveral, respectively.
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Wow - what a waste. As we have to fly to any port (living in Canada) I can't for the life of me seeing us fly that distance and paying that money for anything less that 7 nights. Nor do I see my clients willing to do that.

Other companies have also put themselves out of markets by outdoing themselves. I wonder if RCL is going along a similar route.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.