Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Beginner

Default Explorer of the Seas Aft Rooms and celebration

I have a large group heading out on the EOS summer 2011. I have booked 4 Aft Cabbins on 10th (top) floor in a row looking for the larger balconies and adjoining rooms. I got 2 junior suites and 2 D1's in the center. Can anyone comment on these rooms or my strategy about where I booked the rooms? One problem I had was to get 4 rooms in a row, even booking this early

Additionally this trip is to celabrate a 50th aniversery. I have tried to book an event for 10+ people with a special room for a dinner/celebration and it seems to of fallen on deaf ears. Any ideas on how to arrange a special event with the cruise line ahead of time?
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Familiar Face

I cruised on Explorer with my husband about a year ago (going again next month). We stayed in cabin 1392. It is an aft cabin and it was great. There is some obstructed views because of the metal work on the back of the ship, but since you are on deck ten, it was minimal. Lower decks had much more. The balconies are also larger than those on the sides. Our cabin had two chairs, two chase lounges and a small table. There was only two of us in the cabin so we had plenty of seating. There was no extra movement to speak of (we traveled in April). As long as you don't mind the long walk to your cabin, all was great. There is also very little corridor noise at that end. I would have booked another aft for my upcoming cruise, but none were available.
Old April 16th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Here are a few pictures of 1694. Aft mini-suite on deck 10. It was a very large cabin with an equally large balcony. The balcony is completely covered and doesn't have a direct view of wake but it does have a nice view of stern. The only negative was that the balcony was a bit dark and echoing because of the steel.

I know that your group will enjoy these cabins.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me