Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Default Jewel of the Seas out of Tampa November 2011

I found the JOS will be doing 4 and 5 cruises out of Tampa in 2011, she is not listed after that. I wonder if RCI plans to move her around the Caribbean since they have moved out many of their other ships from the Caribbean in 2011. Perhaps she will be moved around FL ports?

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Passenger

You won't find any listings for her in the Caribbean beyond those that you have found out of Tampa until they release the next season's deployments at this time next year. She will most likely return to Europe at the end of her run out of Tampa and head back to Boston in September, 2012, but as situations change they maintain a certain degree of flexibility by being able to move their ships to new itineraries on fairly short notice.
Old April 19th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by billg View Post
You won't find any listings for her in the Caribbean beyond those that you have found out of Tampa until they release the next season's deployments at this time next year. She will most likely return to Europe at the end of her run out of Tampa and head back to Boston in September, 2012, but as situations change they maintain a certain degree of flexibility by being able to move their ships to new itineraries on fairly short notice.
RCI's other Caribbean ships have listing through April 2012. Jewel of the Seas only lists her repositioning cruise from Boston and then a few crusies in November 2011, after that nothing past November 2011. I am aware she will more than likely reposition in April 2012, as she usually does every spring. I am curious about between November 2011 and April 2012.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old April 19th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
RCI's other Caribbean ships have listing through April 2012. Jewel of the Seas only lists her repositioning cruise from Boston and then a few crusies in November 2011, after that nothing past November 2011. I am aware she will more than likely reposition in April 2012, as she usually does every spring. I am curious about between November 2011 and April 2012.
Oasis, Allure, and Freedom, all have listings beyond November 2011, up until spring 2012. Other ships that had been in the Caribbean for the winter months(such as Grandeur and Navigator) are in Europe instead. So, I realize not as many ships are in the Caribbean winter 2011/2012, I am just wondering if the JOS will be moved around to do different itineraries from FL and that is why her full schedule for winter 2011/2012 has not been released.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old April 19th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
When I check RCCL's website it shows the Jewel doing 4 and 5 night sailings out of Tampa from November 2011-April 2012.

The 4 day itinerary goes to Cozumel and the 5 day itinerary goes to Cozumel and Costa Maya.

Personally I wish they would have left her on the 10/11 night sailings as there doesn't seem to be any ships now picking up that route.
Old April 19th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
When I check RCCL's website it shows the Jewel doing 4 and 5 night sailings out of Tampa from November 2011-April 2012.

The 4 day itinerary goes to Cozumel and the 5 day itinerary goes to Cozumel and Costa Maya.

Personally I wish they would have left her on the 10/11 night sailings as there doesn't seem to be any ships now picking up that route.
You are right-but it wasn't there when I started this thread-that is why I posted and asked. I wonder why they only showed November 2011 at first?

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old April 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Admiral

I guess RCI is still finishing off their schedules. I see there is still no schedule yet for Serenade of the Seas for fall 2011. (as of 5:55 pm eastern April 19th) Maybe they will have that up by tomorrow.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old April 19th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Passenger

I wonder if they have been doing some maintenance to the website? I was able to view the Jewel itineraries on Friday. I know that when they released some of the other itineraries they would appear and then disappear.

I am noticing Serenade, Adventure and Mariner still have yet to be released.
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
I wonder if they have been doing some maintenance to the website? I was able to view the Jewel itineraries on Friday. I know that when they released some of the other itineraries they would appear and then disappear.

I am noticing Serenade, Adventure and Mariner still have yet to be released.
I thought perhaps the Jewel of the seas was going into drydock-but then the schedule was released past November.

Perhaps they are still working out ports the ships will visit or something? I am wondering if the Serenade of the Seas will do the southern Caribbean. The Adventure of the Seas has been moved to Europe for fall 2011, so she will not be do the southern Caribbean. I wonder if they decided one ship is enough-or if no ship will be there.
Since not all ittneraries have been released, perhaps RCI will put a ship in the Jewel of the seas old itinerary. Tampa port can only take smaller ships. Since the JOS did not go into the Panama canal this last season anyway-perhaps a bigger ship will do that cruise.

I could see RCI combining the 2 itineraries. You know, have a 10 day that does southern ports from Ft. Lauderdale-instead of a 7 day from Puerto Rico, and perhaps alternating some of those ports with Colon and Costa Rica.

I have now achieved-
139 days total