Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Passenger

Question Which ships sail...

We are planning a RCI cruise for next April, May, or June (2011) and the rates have just started coming out. The past few months they have only had rates for the Oasis and Allure (I'm sure they want them to book up first). We are looking for Eastern Caribbean 7 days (St. Thomas/St. Maarten/Bahamas). So far the only thing I'm finding is the Freedom of the Seas, which is fine with us, but I want to make sure I have enough info before I make my decision. Are there other RCI ships that sail in these months and with this (or close to this) itinerary? I don't want to book FOS and then find out 3 or 4 other ships are now posting rates and itineraries for that same time period that may be cheaper. Right now depending on the dates, it's looking like the least expensive on FOS is a $699 inside cabin. Depending on the time of month, some are $799 or $849. For those of you seasoned cruisers, is this a typical fare?

Thank you in advance! We have a whole year before we leave, so I'm sure I will have a billion more questions before then! Thanks in advance for letting me pick all of your brains!

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Just was on the RCI website . They have all the ships listed for spring 2010.

From the main page select calendar view. Jump forward to the date you want

and all the cruises show up.

Attached is a link to the RCI calender fro Spring 2011

Cruise Calendar - Royal Caribbean International

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:48 PM
Admiral

That is an excellent calender to use. If you are just looking for price then you can do that my elimination. If you are looking for a specific interary you can pull that too. Also, what are you looking for in the ship.

These may be the bst prices you will find right now as the opening prices are usually pretty good. Then if they go down later you can ask for the reduction at that time.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old April 21st, 2010, 08:14 PM
Passenger

Thank you...that calendar is exactly what I needed! :-)
Old April 24th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Be sure to keep checking the prices after you book- if you find your cruise has been reduced in price you can call and get a refund - in $ if before final payment and in OBC after. We had 3 price drops on our FOS cruise.
They will not bring it to your attention, you have to monitor prices yourself.
If booking thru a TA be sure they will honor RCCL's price guarantee- some will not.