Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:01 AM
Beginner

Default MTD and Room Clarification

We are a party of 7, ranging in ages from 9 to 86 sailing on the EOS in August. It has been a LONG time since we have cruised and I know things have changed - particularly around dining options.

1. We are currently at 2nd seating and I'm thinking 8:30 may be too late for those in our party. Thinking of switching to MTD. What are the disadvantages? Why wouldn't everyone just do MTD? (I do realize I have to pre-pay tips if we do MTD but could possibly get the same time/table/wait staff each evening). How do we ensure that providing night 1 goes well?

2. If we did MTD say at 7pm what time does the first show begin or would we have to wait until the 2nd showing? Anyone do the recent 5 night Bermuda leg recall what time the early/late shows were?

2. Our cabins are all on the 8th deck - 2 balconies and one promenade room. I'm fearful these might be too far forward. Thoughts? Though the 86 year old is in good health I imagine she's gonna have a lot of hoofing to the aft MDR, pools, etc. Is it "too much"? The rooms are 8548, 8538 and 8561. Room 8548 is directly across from elevators so I'm hoping this is a good thing and not a bad thing??

Many many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Being across from elevator will be good so u don't have to walk far. There should not be any extra noise; the elevators run smooth and the rooms are pretty quiet. My time dining means u have to set up a dining time every day. you won't automatically get the same dining time every day; you have to let the dining room know what time u want to eat. with seven people it may take a few minutes for them to set up a table for u.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds