CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   New Crown & Anchor Benefits (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/374224-new-crown-anchor-benefits.html)

Snoozeman June 1st, 2010 10:18 AM

New Crown & Anchor Benefits

I guess everyone will be getting their notices from RCCL today so I won't copy the details, but it looks good. Seems like mainly an incentive to pre-book on board, but the free internet for Diamond is a plus. It's a nice upgrade. It's about time the tried to 'correct' the mistakes they previously made. A step in the right direction.

AF1 June 1st, 2010 10:20 AM

sounds good to me; especially the booklets in the rooms. they needed to do something to upgrade the benefits for the booklets

felix_the_cat June 1st, 2010 10:34 AM

We received our notice this morning. We are D+ and I believe they are better - not as good a they were originally for D but a big improvement on what they were. There is some combining allowed now.

It is my opinion, and my opinion only that they lost a lot of customers with the massive changes they had made originally and they are now trying to get back some of those.

Snoozeman June 1st, 2010 12:10 PM

The email this morning was nice, but now I have received a telephone call from Adam Goldsmith. He says they listened to us and are making some of the changes suggested.

Hey, Adam: "Told ya so!"

But thanks for the new policy--as mentioned a better step than before.

DiamondMember June 1st, 2010 03:08 PM

Moving the free Internet up to 45 minutes for D+ seems like a nice benefit as well as bringing back the free photo in the coupon book. What is a bit challenging is that I booked a cruise on a cruise in Feb for 2011 and now I realize with the policy change I will be missing out on the onboard credit. I wonder if they can correct this on my July cruise so I can take advance of the onboard credit offer in conjunction with the D+ discount.

Dave Beers June 1st, 2010 09:22 PM

Putting some real perks back in the coupon booklets was nice. I like the free internet time and package discount, plus being able to combine "some" credits again. Free photo too. The coupons had become a joke over the past couple years.

Snoozeman June 1st, 2010 09:43 PM

A lot of people mailed back the coupon books to RCCL HQ. I think they got the message.;)

AF1 June 2nd, 2010 10:10 AM

Definitely a step in the right direction.

Dave the Wave June 4th, 2010 05:22 PM

I am most concerned about the use of the Concierge Lounge for Diamond members. The open bar was the best feature in my opinion. The coupons are mostly useless to me. I will take the free photo but discounts on spa treatments or a free coffee don't mean as much as some pre dinner cocktails to me.:cool:

Royalchump June 4th, 2010 09:40 PM

I was on the Solstice in May- the benefits were much better for us Diamond Plus members,I agree a step up.

Donna June 5th, 2010 05:32 AM

It is a step in the right direction, would like to see some more steps too.

felix_the_cat June 5th, 2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave the Wave (Post 1295831)
I am most concerned about the use of the Concierge Lounge for Diamond members. The open bar was the best feature in my opinion. The coupons are mostly useless to me. I will take the free photo but discounts on spa treatments or a free coffee don't mean as much as some pre dinner cocktails to me.:cool:

Then I would suggest you consider Celebrity. Much, much, much better than RCL for benefits.

Marjmehl June 5th, 2010 08:57 PM

Booking onboard

Under these new rules, when we book onboard will we still be able to book a "generic" cruise or will we have to book a specific one? I haven't seen that discussed anywhere.

lbullard October 25th, 2010 08:16 PM

generic...we did that and now are using that for the next cruise in 33 days.

dottiel October 26th, 2010 10:40 AM

We agree with many of you that are saying the coupon booklets are useless. We don't "do" the spa treatments but would LOVE a free photo!

We haven't gotten word on the new stuff....guess we'll wait and see if we as "special" as they claim all returing cruisers to be :confused:

sistagoldenhair October 26th, 2010 01:14 PM

I just booked 13 day trans-atlantic 2 weeks ago. I wonder how the new benefits apply to my sailing?

I didnt get anything in the mail either :( guess I'll check their website.

felix_the_cat October 26th, 2010 03:48 PM

You won't get the coupon bookets until you board the ship if that's what you are referring to.

sistagoldenhair October 27th, 2010 01:14 PM

Oooooooh, I thought they mailed them. Thanks for the 411. :)

DiamondMember October 27th, 2010 03:03 PM

What things are you given on Celebrity that make it better than being a Diamond Plus on RCI? If I'm not mistaken, Celebrity doesn't have Concerig. Lounges at all.

felix_the_cat October 27th, 2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondMember (Post 1325556)
What things are you given on Celebrity that make it better than being a Diamond Plus on RCI? If I'm not mistaken, Celebrity doesn't have Concerig. Lounges at all.

Nopt exactly true. They have Michael's Club which basically serves the same purpose. They don't have the balcony discounts.