Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Smile Why I Am Loyal To Royal Caribbean

I am loyal to Royal. I have read some comments that others have posted on different boards telling their personal bad experiences and how they felt it was handled.

One of my personal experiences on Voyager Of The Seas, was our 15 Day Trans/Atlantic -Barcelona to Galveston. Once on board in Barcelona and settled in our stateroom for the night, we were aware of a clunking noise coming from the aft side of the room. It was persistent and often the bed would shake. Next morning I was at the Guest Services Desk asking for another stateroom and was told the they would see what was available. Next contact came by phone to our stateroom stating there was a room. We went up to the desk and said we were ready to move. The girl look at the PC screen and said, "Sorry there is no rooms available." My wife's expressions and the quickness of picking up her Set Sail Card must have caught the eye of another GS Agent by the name of Anita. With a smile on her face she called us to her place at the counter and asked if she could help. After about 2 min of listening to my wife story, Anita asked if we would wait a moment. She then walked the first GS Agent to the back room. In about 3 min Anita returned and said, "I am so sorry for the confusion you have encountered, and if it is OK with you, I'll have a porter come and move you hanging clothes, bags and what ever you have to a new room, on deck 6 stateroom 6606 Balcony." An upgrade extraordinaire!!! On the starboard side for 14 days of cruising. My wife was so thrilled at this "Over the top" guest services as I was also, we stopped by the shops and picked up a pair of earrings and a card and give it to her. Anita was so surprised and said "No one has ever done this before and thank you so much."

We have cruised Voyager of the Seas twice since this above experience and each time we were greeted by Anita and other staff around the ship by name saying "Welcome Back." Twice there was a phone message on our phone saying "Welcome Back" and a bottle of wine placed in the room by Anita Fejes, Guest Services. . .at her expense mind you. Now that is what I call ROYAL LOYALTY!

My personal experiences in traveling in over 30 countries of plant earth in every conceivable mode of transportation and lodging I can't say that I can recall a time when a problem with transportation, accommodations was not resolved with a smile and persistence on my part. One event comes to mind in Cabo San Lucas, BC when arriving at our hotel only to find we were given a room up the slopped hill from the newest part of the hotel and pools. I went to the front desk and the girl could do nothing. I asked to speak to the manager. Man in his mid 30's and told him our plight. He said "sorry, we have nothing." I began to tell him the reason for our stay at this hotel. It was our honeymoon (which was true) and we were so looking so forward to being right at the beach and hearing the surf each night with door open and the ocean breeze. He said to me, "Senior, you are a romantic. I have a beach front suite for you." We enjoyed 7 night in a beach front suite.
Thank you. Thankyouverymuch!!
CCL Ecstasy 10/25/10
RCCL Voyager OTS Jan 10, 2010
CCL Ecstasy 09/2009
CCL Fantasy 07/06/2009
CCLl Conquest 03/15/2009
RCCL Voyager OTS 02/01/09
RCCL 15 Days Voyager OTS TA 11/29/08
CCL Conquest 09/28/08
CCL Conquest 04/27/08
CCL Ecstasy 10/2007
CCL Elation 09/2006
RCL Rhapsody of Sea 10/2002
NCL Norwegian Sea 10/2000
CCL Holiday 11/1988
CCL Destiny 07/1997
P&O Canberra 1969

Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

NEVER underestimate a company that has outstanding customer service! Customer loyalty can turn on the dime...a facial expression, or the tone of a voice, can send a client to another store, restaurant. hotel, or ship, without a glance...

Good for you both handling a tough issues well, and kudos for RCI for doing, and saying the right thing!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 7th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Amen. Good comments on this issue. In this competitive cruise industry, with so many companies offering similar options and services. . .it will come down to the service. Food, ports of call, staterooms and even the price are getting so competitive. I am staying with RCL. FYI, I have purchased even more stock as I believe RCL will be come the leader with their new Oasis Class Ships.
CCL Ecstasy 10/25/10
RCCL Voyager OTS Jan 10, 2010
CCL Ecstasy 09/2009
CCL Fantasy 07/06/2009
CCLl Conquest 03/15/2009
RCCL Voyager OTS 02/01/09
RCCL 15 Days Voyager OTS TA 11/29/08
CCL Conquest 09/28/08
CCL Conquest 04/27/08
CCL Ecstasy 10/2007
CCL Elation 09/2006
RCL Rhapsody of Sea 10/2002
NCL Norwegian Sea 10/2000
CCL Holiday 11/1988
CCL Destiny 07/1997
P&O Canberra 1969

Old June 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Its always nice to hear some positive stories. I too enjoy Royal Caribbean the best for overall cruising expierence , although I'm always willing to try different lines as well. What a nice upgrade for you, thanks for sharing your story.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:45 PM
First Mate

We too have always had excellent customer service and had a similar experience on a 9 night cruise with a loud banging noise and after several people came to our room to listen it was fixed. We were given a future cruise certificate for our next cruise, which we took got upgraded from a balcony to a Grand suite and was able to do a 7 night southern cruise for a total of $560.00 for both of us. An "almost" free cruise for an annoyance on our 9 night cruise and a very sincere apology from the guest relations manager. We have always and only cruised royal and always will. We are Diamond members know and hope to reach Diamond Plus in the future. Thanks Royal it is nice to feel like you appreciate our business.
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007
Monarch June 2006
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Great story - and very classy that you bought her a gift.