Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Beginner

Default Canada/New England - September 2011

Our Mexican Riviera Cruise scheduled for February 2011 was dropped by RCI so after our devastation we have finally rebooked for a 9 night Canada/New England cruise on Explorer. We will be sailing out of Cape Liberty (NJ) on September 29, 2011.

I am a planner so I am anxious to get ideas on what to do in NYC. What airport to use - what to see and do - where to stay - where to eat, etc. We plan to fly in a day early, giving us roughly 24 hours or so on our own before embarkation. Is there a post-cruise excursion with airport drop-off? We LOVED the one we did in Los Angeles several years ago and it was not much more expensive than paying for a cab to LAX.

So, I need your ideas, opinions and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dos jackmans; June 29th, 2010 at 11:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos jackmans View Post
Our Mexican Riviera Cruise scheduled for February 2011 was dropped by RCI so after our devastation we have finally rebooked for a 9 night Canada/New England cruise on Explorer. We will be sailing out of Cape Liberty (NJ) on September 29, 2011.

I am a planner so I am anxious to get ideas on what to do in NYC. What airport to use - what to see and do - where to stay - where to eat, etc. We plan to fly in a day early, giving us roughly 24 hours or so on our own before embarkation. Is there a post-cruise excursion with airport drop-off? We LOVED the one we did in Los Angeles several years ago and it was not much more expensive than paying for a cab to LAX.

So, I need your ideas, opinions and suggestions. Thanks in advance!
New York is a great place to do a couple of pre or post-cruise days. There is a myriad of things to see and do. A Broadway show, great restaurants, just seeing the sites. It's easy to get around by just walking, subway or taxi.

I suggest using Priceline and bid on 4* hotels in Manhattan. There are multiple Manhattan zones so don't be worried if you can't get a hotel in a specific zone. Add another and rebid.

La Guardia airport is the closest to Manhattan but New Jersey and JFK are doable.

I really suggest that you take a couple of extra days and enjoy NYC. It's something you won't regret.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me