Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Admiral

Default Convince Me...to book RCCL

My husband and I have cruised many times, and have tried most cruise lines.
We are presently researching a special one to celebrate our 10th anniversary, and weighing the pros and cons of Royal Caribbean vs other lines.
If RCCL is your favourite line, convince me why we should book them again...

donna
Old July 27th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Captain

Default RCCL vs Others

Rollerdonna:

If you've cruised many cruise lines, shouldn't you be able to make the comparison yourself?
Old July 27th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Yes...and no..
I'm interested in what others think of each cruise line, good experiences and bad. We have a few favourites, but want to give others a chance too, and the best way to do that is to hear other peoples' opinions, then decide which suits us best.

donna
Old July 27th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Admiral

What month do you want to cruise? Any idea of what ship? What are you looking for?

RCL certainly has all the bells and whistles but if children are an issue for you - be careful - RCL is really catering to families these days and if you sail anytime school is out your are most likely going to run into a lot of the little darlings.

RCL's ships are beautiful and have pretty well anything you can be looking for. The problem is without knowing what you are interested in it's hard to say what might compare with RCL.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Captain

"RCI" is my fave but it doesn't make it the best pick for you. As retired Law Enforcement, I am most comfortable in T-shirts and shorts in the daytime and casual slacks with a collared shirt at night.

But as a T/A I profile my customers to make sure they "fit" the line I am booking them on so they'll be happy and be back booking with me. Sounds like you are doing your homework but don't let your T/A off the hook. Always ask "why are you recommending _____."
Old July 27th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to RockChickX51

Robbie H

What profile fits Royal Caribbean?
My husband and I are thinking about booking them for a Thanksgiving cruise or a cruise at the end of December.
We've only been on two cruises, both on Carnival and both of them we had a blast.
We're 25 and 27 years old and like to drink and just have a good time with some relaxation. We have no kids and don't plan on it. Middle class of course. We are both artistic and travel everywhere that involves a party or a good time. We liked some of the adult themed late night parties they have on Carnival. Do they have any of this on Royal Caribbean?

RCCL's boats just look like they have so much more to do activity wise than Carnival does. Rock climbing, ice skating, etc.

Carnival Liberty - May 2009
Carnival Inspiration - October 2008
Old July 27th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Captain

Keeping in mind that the itinerary and time of year also influences who is cruising with you. I like the fact that "RCI" has a few different things to do and the fleet is large enough to offer even more to those that started out on the 3-4 nighter. So not trying to hedge but even with the same line, a ship or an itinerary might disappoint one cruiser and not another ( good example is ports in the Northeast have the same ship do Canada/New England and then the Caribbean so more partying on the latter). In general terms you certainly fit into any of the mainstream cruise lines and you hit on a key activity that will make me miss having the "Mariner" on the West coast next year (ice skating rink). Hope that helps, Robbie
Old July 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey RD,
What ship are you thinking about?? Keep in mind, we have the Allure of the Seas CM cruise next Oct, 2011?? It would be great if you and James could go on that, we could really celebrate your Anniv..??

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 28th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Admiral

RD, since you are an experienced cruiser, I think that it's time for you and James to sail on the Oasis or the Allure. These ships definetely are the cream of the crop.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Admiral

What are we looking for? Good value, good time, good food, not too many kids, but not too much sedateness either...sea days, nice ports, good service.
Thanks for the suggestions about the CM cruise in 2011, but I don't know if the big ships, as in Allure or Oasis, are for us...

donna
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Thanks for the suggestions about the CM cruise in 2011, but I don't know if the big ships, as in Allure or Oasis, are for us...
donna
Why not?

They have great entertainment, plenty of fun and they provide you with a super cruise.

During my Oasis cruise I had the pleasure of meeting ready2gonow (Darlene) and her husband , and they were doing the second week of a Back to Back cruise and they were having a ball.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:37 AM
First Mate

Hi Donna

We are getting closer to our 7th cruise, I know it's not many but we just started this WONDERFUL experience in 2004, sure wish it had been SOONER!

We have ONLY cruised with Royal Caribbean and we LOVE IT! I can't do any sort of comparing to other cruiselines Donna, but we found what works for us and it's ROYAL

I'm HOOKED on cruising so badly, it's all I can talk about and we've gotten friends of ours hooked too as well as my son and his girlfriend. Our cruise this year we'll have 12 of us Canadians driving down to Bayonne and we can't wait.

We have found NO issues AT ALL with anything on any of our cruises....the crew, the food, the activities, there is always something to do! We have gone on the Grandeur of the Seas twice(my personal favourite ship) the Voyager of the Seas once and Explorer of the Seas 3 times and this year will be our 4th on it. The Explorer of the Seas is my family's favourite....lots of "sports" type things to do besides the rock wall, my son takes his own skates for the ice rink, they love the basketball, inline rollerblading and mini putt and of course Johnny Rockets!

I must say I do tend to like the idea of the Cafe Promenade being open so late so you can pop in and get a late night snack and cup of tea to enjoy on your balcony before bed.

I mentioned earlier that the Grandeur of the Seas was my personal favourite ship, I think that is because it was our "first"...less people is about the only difference, the service and food was great as it always is for us, but then we're not hard to please ;-) They don't have all the bells and whistles on the Grandeur like on the Explorer or the "newer" ships, but it all depends I guess what it is you want to do on your cruise.....Me..I tend to lean towards relaxing and of course shopping not into all that sports "stuff" :-D I leave that up to the younger ones!

I'm sure Donna whichever one you choose will be PERFECT!.... You'll be on Royal .....yep I'm a Royal ADDICT and PROUD OF IT!

Take care and Happy CRUISING!

Gail
Comet Cruiser