Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Familiar Face

Default New here!! question on suites on Mariner of the Seas!

we are wondering on the suites, has anyone here booked anything higher than the regular old junior suites?

are they worth the money? how much are they?

we're looking at nov-jan timeframe and the cheapest suites run anywhere from 1400 to 2000 there abouts.
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Royal Suite

Separate bedroom with king-size bed, private balcony with hot tub, living room with queen-size sofa bed, dining table, baby grand piano, entertainment center, wet bar, private bath with whirlpool tub, shower, vanity area, walk-in closet, mini bar, television, safe, radio, phone, hairdryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 1325 Balcony: 248

Owners Suite

Queen size bed, private balcony, separate living area with queen-size sofa bed, wet bar, private bath with tub and shower, vanity area, walk-in closet, minibar, television, safe, radio, phone, hairdryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 618 Balcony: 131

Royal Family Suite

Two bedrooms each with two twin beds that covert to queen-size, one room with third and forth beds as bunk beds, private balcony, living area with double sofa bed, two private baths with shower (one with tub), safe, radio, phone, hairdryer. Sleeps up to 8 people.

Avg sq ft cabin: 512 Balcony: 208

Grand Suite

Two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private balcony, sitting area (some with sofa bed), private bathroom with tub and shower, vanity area, minibar, television, safe, radio, phone, hairdryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 390 Balcony: 89

Junior Suite

Two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private balcony, sitting area (some with sofa bed), private bathroom with tub and shower, vanity area, minibar, television, safe, radio, phone, hairdryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 299 Balcony: 70

Old August 9th, 2010, 05:09 PM
First Mate

I've booked and stayed in Grand Suites and Owners Suites. I would say that while the Owners Suite was awesome, it was way more than the 3 folks in my party really needed for space. If it weren't for the deal that we got on the suite, I believe the Grand Suites are the perfect mix of functionality, luxury and space. For two people a Grand Suite is perfect; although the Junior Suites are very nice as well. Once factor is that Grand Suites and higher are only recognized by the line with extra services.
Old August 9th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I've done a Grand Suite on two Radiance class ships and they have the same layout as the Grand Suites on Voyager class ships.

They have a great mix of space and luxury. I would say they are the best layout of a suite we've been had on NCL, Celebrity and Carnival. The OS is nice but it is quite large for two people.

I would book a GS. Also the suite perks and concierge lounge are nice amenities.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I have stayed in GS and JS on Voyager and Exlorer; sister ship to Mariner. With GS u get the concierge service; and nice room. Lots of storage, large balcony, large bathroom, priority boarding, priority tickets to shows, and a host of other perks. The price variation will depend on when u travel. If u travel around holidays when kids are out of school, the price can almost double. If u have flexibility check two or three different weeks, and see what the price difference is. JS is plenty large for two people and a weeks sailing; the GS will get u the extra perks.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old August 11th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Familiar Face

does anyone mind sharing what they paid for a Grand Suite? sounds like that would be our next step up. We are upgrading rooms for every cruise, i.e., first was interior, then ocean view, balcony, last one was junior suite. so the next up would be Grand Suite.

and who did you book with? it seems like the people i book with don't want to commit to quoting anything above the junior suite!!

and what is or what does concergie service anyway? what do they do for you?

thanks!
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Familiar Face

bump! for new questions! :-D
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will have our 4th JS in 2 weeks and I think for the $$ we prefer it over a Grand. We love the walk-in closet and always have plenty of room, once even with a stroller and pack n play. The Grand is about 90 s/f more but not walkin closet to store things. Not sure about the difference in perks. I do know that at the production shows, they block off the first 2 rows in the middle of the balcony for Grand and above but they have always let us in after they get to know us . It is never full and when the show starts, anyone is welcome. I would love to be bumped up to an Owners or Royal and try them.
New England/Canada

228 sea days soon to be 249
Old August 13th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Captain

We have also gotten used to being in suites BUT it is critical to watch the pricing. With Mariner leaving us in January, it may not be the right cruise to step on up. We especially like to book them on transatlantic and my advice to customers is to book the larger cabins on "lazy" itineraries and the smallest you can deal with on "busy" itineraries. We have followed our own advice and repeat customers seem to agree so hope that helps, Robbie