Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Beginner

Default 7 night Eastern Caribbean (September 2010) - Excursions

Hello everyone!

I've been looking through the RCCL excursions for Coco Cay, St Thomas, and St Martin, and I've found some fun stuff!

I know that many activities sell out, so my question is if I can still do some of these activities on my own. For example, I really want to kayak on Coco Cay, but if the RCCL excursion sells out, can I still rent a kayak, go off on my own, and not be part of the tour group?

And if anyone has any suggestions of fun activities, please post them! I'm really going into this blind because I've never been to the Caribbean and I don't know what the best things to see are (by the way, it's just my boyfriend and I, no kids). Does anyone have good snorkeling area recommendations? Are there any "hidden gem" spots that would make for a nice, quiet place to relax? Any "can't miss" shopping areas? How about advice for a first-timer? Anything you wish you would have known on your first Caribbean cruise?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If they still offer the waverunner excursion in Coco Cay, do that, its so much fun and gives you a nice view of the surrounding area that you wouldn't see.

As for St. Thomas, if you care to venture out a bit, get over to St. Johns and visit a beach there, I especially love Trunk Bay, great snorkeling and just a beautiful beach. You can either do it on your own, providing you have the time, or go through a ship excursion.

In St. Maarten, there is Orient beach, grab a cab and there are plenty there for the return trip to the pier. There are also many other good activities.

Best bet, go through the list on the web site and read about them all, then decide.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Passenger

In St Thomas visit Coconuts Bar awesome fun place with good food and drinks
Old August 13th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In St Maarten, you can, do the semi sub excursion, we did this and really saw quite alot, down under The America's Cup is a big draw excursion for the fit, if you want to work the sailboat, or, for the unfit, just watch others do it

You can snuba, something I want to try, but hubby..not so much Also Nature walks, & The Butterfly Farm can be interesting, if you are so inclined.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator