Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Beginner

Default Which tour to St John's

Does anyone have any suggestions on which tour to take on the trip from St Thomas to St Johns? Seems like there is one available on a Powercat, one on a "tour boat", and a couple options for schooners and catamarans. In reading the options, it sounds like they go to different points on St Johns. One specifcally mentions going to the underwater trail area. Two specifically mention you can go on the beach at St John whereas one sounds more like you are anchored in a cove and snorkle from the boat. HELP!!!! Anyone had any experience with any of these options or have any input? Thanks for helping!
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The underwater marked trail sounds like Trunk Bay. I would suggest going there, especially if you want to snorkel while there. Truly an amazing strip of beach..

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyof4inNC View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on which tour to take on the trip from St Thomas to St Johns? Seems like there is one available on a Powercat, one on a "tour boat", and a couple options for schooners and catamarans. In reading the options, it sounds like they go to different points on St Johns. One specifcally mentions going to the underwater trail area. Two specifically mention you can go on the beach at St John whereas one sounds more like you are anchored in a cove and snorkle from the boat. HELP!!!! Anyone had any experience with any of these options or have any input? Thanks for helping!
Trunk Bay has the underwater snorkle trail. It is the most beautiful stretch if beach I have ever been on. The underwater trail is interesting, bring an underwater camera. They have snorkle gear at the beach from the Ranger service, everything else you need to bring. There is also a small food shack, restrooms and outdoor showers.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old August 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
The underwater marked trail sounds like Trunk Bay. I would suggest going there, especially if you want to snorkel while there. Truly an amazing strip of beach..
I agree! We have been there and it is about as nice as a beach can be. The water is clear and the sand is nice and soft.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 21st, 2010, 11:30 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the help. I know we want to go to St Johns but did not know if the beaches at different parts of the island were better than others. As for getting there, with two early teen boys, was thinking that the PowerCat might be more fun than the cruiser but the PowerCat does not go to Trunk Bay and just says to the National Park Beach.
Old August 21st, 2010, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've done a few excursions where they take you snorkeling and they never say specifically where, although I have ended up in Trunk Bay, but its no guarantee. BTW, Trunk bay is part of their National Park as well, so its possible.

Message Boards Moderator