CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Which tour to St John's (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/376258-tour-st-johns.html)

Familyof4inNC August 19th, 2010 10:50 PM

Which tour to St John's

Does anyone have any suggestions on which tour to take on the trip from St Thomas to St Johns? Seems like there is one available on a Powercat, one on a "tour boat", and a couple options for schooners and catamarans. In reading the options, it sounds like they go to different points on St Johns. One specifcally mentions going to the underwater trail area. Two specifically mention you can go on the beach at St John whereas one sounds more like you are anchored in a cove and snorkle from the boat. HELP!!!! Anyone had any experience with any of these options or have any input? Thanks for helping!

Donna August 20th, 2010 09:38 AM

The underwater marked trail sounds like Trunk Bay. I would suggest going there, especially if you want to snorkel while there. Truly an amazing strip of beach..

blueliner August 20th, 2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Familyof4inNC (Post 1310835)
Does anyone have any suggestions on which tour to take on the trip from St Thomas to St Johns? Seems like there is one available on a Powercat, one on a "tour boat", and a couple options for schooners and catamarans. In reading the options, it sounds like they go to different points on St Johns. One specifcally mentions going to the underwater trail area. Two specifically mention you can go on the beach at St John whereas one sounds more like you are anchored in a cove and snorkle from the boat. HELP!!!! Anyone had any experience with any of these options or have any input? Thanks for helping!

Trunk Bay has the underwater snorkle trail. It is the most beautiful stretch if beach I have ever been on. The underwater trail is interesting, bring an underwater camera. They have snorkle gear at the beach from the Ranger service, everything else you need to bring. There is also a small food shack, restrooms and outdoor showers.

Manuel August 20th, 2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1310908)
The underwater marked trail sounds like Trunk Bay. I would suggest going there, especially if you want to snorkel while there. Truly an amazing strip of beach..

I agree! We have been there and it is about as nice as a beach can be. The water is clear and the sand is nice and soft.

TM

Familyof4inNC August 21st, 2010 11:30 AM

Thanks for the help. I know we want to go to St Johns but did not know if the beaches at different parts of the island were better than others. As for getting there, with two early teen boys, was thinking that the PowerCat might be more fun than the cruiser but the PowerCat does not go to Trunk Bay and just says to the National Park Beach.

Donna August 21st, 2010 07:45 PM

I've done a few excursions where they take you snorkeling and they never say specifically where, although I have ended up in Trunk Bay, but its no guarantee. BTW, Trunk bay is part of their National Park as well, so its possible.