CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Concerge service (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/376379-concerge-service.html)

IamaTexasCruiser August 24th, 2010 04:22 PM

Concerge service

exactly what is it? what do we get when it says if we book a Grand Suite that we get concerge access/service?

felix_the_cat August 24th, 2010 04:30 PM

The concierge is a person who is there to help anyone is a GS or up and D+ (some ships have D as well). They have a lounge where drinks (you don't haver to pay for) are served during the cocktail hour each night. You will be given a key to access the concierge lounge and no one else is suppose to use it.

The concierge will help you with reservations for dining, reconfirming your flight (usually) and many other things be it problems or just needing help onboard the ship.

There is usually a light breakfast you can help yourself to each morning and an expresso or something like it machine that is available all day. There are also computers for your use. Supposedly gives you more privacy but really doesn't.

If you are going to entertain in your suite the concierge will usually help you with that too.

AF1 August 25th, 2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamaTexasCruiser (Post 1312098)
exactly what is it? what do we get when it says if we book a Grand Suite that we get concerge access/service?

Each cruise line offers different concierge services. On Royal Caribbean if you book a Grand, Owners, Family, or Royal Suite; you will have concierge services. There is a concierge lounge on each ship. You have access to the lounge; the concierge who runs the lounge can make reservations for theater shows, ice shows, specialty resturaunts, shore excursions, they also help you will check out; use of fax machine or internet; they have cont'l breakfast in the morning, and hors' douvers and drinks at night. Suite Guests also have priority seating area in the Windjammer resturaunt, and special area at the main pool. Our concierge did a lot for us last cruise. He helped in a lot of ways. They can spoil you. ps. the lounge also has an expresso machine.

Sulross August 28th, 2010 07:32 PM

AF1

I was not aware of the special seating in the Windjammer. I know there is special seating in the theater for the show, but the Windjammer is a new one on me. Does that apply to D+ if not in a suite

felix_the_cat August 28th, 2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sulross (Post 1313362)
I was not aware of the special seating in the Windjammer. I know there is special seating in the theater for the show, but the Windjammer is a new one on me. Does that apply to D+ if not in a suite

I believe the special seating in the wj is for breakfast only.

AF1 August 28th, 2010 10:37 PM

Let me clarify myself. If you are in a suite on any ship that has the windjammer and chops or portifinos; then u can sit in either of the speciality resturaunts when u go to the windjammer. This is a nice perk especially when u show up at the windjammer and its super crowded; you go thru the line and head to portifinos; they have waiters there to take care of you. My wife and I really enjoyed this. This applies for breakfast and lunch. Portifinos and Chops are only open for dinner.