Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Familiar Face

Question Shore Excursions on Brilliance OTS

We're off to cruise the Med on Brilliance OTS on 24 September. As beginners we are a little confused about booking shore excursions. Because my 85 year old Father in Law will be travelling with us we need to source a couple of 'easy' excursions. According to RCI it is essential to book these excursions in advance - true or a sales pitch?
If we do have to book in advance, how late can we leave it? My Father in Law is not wheelchair bound just a little 'slow' and cannot walk for long periods.
At the moment he is not sure which excursions he wants to take.
As far as other shore excursions are concerned, can we book these on board or possibly look for local alternatives which I believe may be available at the pier?

So many things to think about and so little time now!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenclare View Post
We're off to cruise the Med on Brilliance OTS on 24 September. As beginners we are a little confused about booking shore excursions. Because my 85 year old Father in Law will be travelling with us we need to source a couple of 'easy' excursions. According to RCI it is essential to book these excursions in advance - true or a sales pitch?
If we do have to book in advance, how late can we leave it? My Father in Law is not wheelchair bound just a little 'slow' and cannot walk for long periods.
At the moment he is not sure which excursions he wants to take.
As far as other shore excursions are concerned, can we book these on board or possibly look for local alternatives which I believe may be available at the pier?

So many things to think about and so little time now!!
It is not essential to book your excursions before the cruise. However, I would visit the Shore Excursion desk shortly after you board your ship. Each shore excursion has a description and symbols in it that tell you how much physical activity is required for each excursion.

Even though they want you to book the excursions before you board, they do not allow the individual excursions to sell out before the boarding date. They hold back a certain number of slots for those onboard. But the popular excursions do sell out quickly onboard, so as I suggested, visit the Shore Excursion desk as soon as it opens onboard and speak with the excursion personnel, they will explain the excursions and help you with what is a good excursion for you.

The Shore Excursion desk is found in the main lobby area, and the hours are posted at the excursion desk and also in the Cruise Compass daily newsletter you will get once you board.

We may cross paths in Europe, we are sailing on the Voyager OTS out of Barcelona on a 7-night western Med cruise on Sept. 26.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13