Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Familiar Face

Location: Southern IN in the middle of a farmer's former cornfield
Question Inside Promenade Staterooms

For our next 2 cruises we booked inside promenade cabins with windows facing the promenade on both the Freedom (deck 6) and the Explorer (deck 8) of the Seas.
We wanted to try something a little different. Do you have any experience with these types of cabins?

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

WE have sailed on Navigator and had a Promenade room on Deck 7. It was nice for people watching, there is a window seat. You have a great view of the Promenade, for watching the parades etc. You hear no noise. The only minor drawback is that you overlook, and are overlooked by opposite cabins, so remember to draw the curtains... We were upgraded into a Promenade room, and while that was a nice surprise, I am not sure I would pay extra to get one. We usually get an Inside, midships, as we use the room for sleeping and showering only...
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Familiar Face

Location: Southern IN in the middle of a farmer's former cornfield
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Diamonds View Post
WE have sailed on Navigator and had a Promenade room on Deck 7. It was nice for people watching, there is a window seat. You have a great view of the Promenade, for watching the parades etc. You hear no noise. The only minor drawback is that you overlook, and are overlooked by opposite cabins, so remember to draw the curtains... We were upgraded into a Promenade room, and while that was a nice surprise, I am not sure I would pay extra to get one. We usually get an Inside, midships, as we use the room for sleeping and showering only...
Thanks for your response! We usually go with outside mid-ship and sometimes inside. These cabins did not cost much more so we thought we would give them a try. We will have to remember to draw those curtains!

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!
Old September 14th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

That's good. You forget they are basically an inside room, they feel much more spacious because of the big window. I'm sure you will love it.
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Familiar Face

We just booked one of those rooms also. We wanted to get a little something extra than just a inside room. And I think they are 7 sq ft bigger than a standard inside room. We went for one on deck 6, because we wanted a better view of the action. But most people like the higher rooms on deck 8, because its closer to the action up on deck. So they can just take the stairs. I hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise...
2010 Explorer of the Seas
1990 Costa Riviera
1988 Carnival Holiday

Tom's Toys