Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2010, 09:03 PM
First Mate

Default Transatlantic Help!!! Adventurer of the Seas

Hi All,

I just booked a trans-atlantic from Malaga Spain to Puerto Rico for November 2011.

Can anyone tell me what the weather / sea conditions may be like? Im a bit apprehensive about rough water ,but more importantly, what should I bring for clothes? Sweaters for out on deck? Do people use the pool or is it to cold?

I know once we get close to Puerto Rico it will be warmer, but I don't want to under pack warmer stuff.

Also, does anyone know if the Canary Islands take US Dollars? I did read they take Visa, but some of the smaller shops only take cash.

Thanks in advance for info on this itinerary.
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Canary islands are part of Spain. The currency is the Euro.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Euro only. No U.S.

As for the weather - that is the million dollar question. Certainly, at that time of year it's going to be quite cool once you hit the crossing. You need to bring warm clothes. The Canary Islands will still be on the warmish side but not very.

We have done several transatlantics. I've been doing them since they were actually a mode of transportation with Cunard. Sometimes they can be warmish much more often cold.

Our last one was on the Brilliance - it was gorgeous - before that, on the Pacific side from Hawaii - was freezing.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Adventure is Great!!

I was on Adventure's first Transatlantic cruise in May, it was outstanding in every way. It was by far the best of my seven cruises (Disney Magic a close second). Everyone seemed to agree as this crossing being among the best cruise experiences of their life: this including people with 20 & 40 cruises each! The main three story dining room is great for all meals. Two weeks is not enough time for this great vessel. To think I followed her to the Epic for my next cruise, what a disappointment!!!
Old October 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
First Mate

Thanks everyone for the weather info - looks like I'll be packing extra jeans and sweaters. I can't wait - my first transatlantic!!!!!!!!!!!!
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Admiral

RCL does not allow discounting on their ships. You can watch for specials during WOW sails or Tuesday specials. You can work with a good TA who will help you.

It's hard to say when or if RCL will reduce the price of their cruises. If you see a price you are happy with and can afford that is the time to book it. If it goes down before final payment date, you can get the reduction unless of course, its a Tuesday sail.

Are you in the U.S? Different countries also have different rules.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old October 8th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by valespa12 View Post
How can I get a good price?
V

In May 2010 I had, a E1 balcony that the full fare with single supplement with discounts was a total of just over $1270 for the 13 night cruise. Also included was a $200 onboard credit and 30,000 Delta Skymiles (booked through Delta Skymiles Cruises).