Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
Familiar Face

Default New to Cruise -Allure Dec.12th

Hey everyone! My name is Steve, and I will be taking my very first cruise on the Allure of the Seas, December 12th!!! I am extreamly excited!

When I booked, I was going by myself...my first lesson I learned was "Price rate based on double occupancy"

Well, I had already decided I was going to go, so I booked anyway, but it was only another 300.00 for a second person, so I figured I could buy the ticket and get someone to at least give me 600.00 for it since the cruise with my cabin was 1499.00 pp so I did. No one would take me up on the extra ticket, and I could tell that my mother was really jelous...so I sprung the news to her that I would take her for Christmas. SO, 37 years old and my first cruise is with my MOTHER!!! oh well, it will make me happy to make her happy. She will not be interested in many of the things I would like, so I hope to meet up with some people and have a good time. I am so excited!!! I am from texas, and have only seen about 5 of the states...and NEVER seent he ocean. this is going to be an amazing time in my life, for sure!

Anyway, much more than you wanted to know I am sure...I just wanted to say "Hey Y'all" ;-)
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Well hello, and, welcome to Cruisemates! I love your enthusiasm, and, I know you will love seeing, and, sailing on the ocean to glorious ports of call.

You picked a wonderful new ship, to take you there. Not to worry, you and your Mom, will find your own activities on board, and connect when you want to...If we can be of any help, please let us know!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Familiar Face

Hey Trip! Thanks for the reply! I am extreamly excited! I must admit, im a little disheartened by all the comments of "stay on the boat" that I read. having never been anywhere other than the US...i really WANT to get off and see something new. but it sounds like I will not have time to experience all the ship has to offer either. lol oh the delima's we face in life, huh?

This is going to be the longest 71 days of my life, isnt it? ;-)
Old October 2nd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Oh, I bet both you and your mom will have an exciting time. Be sure to get tickets for the ice and water show, bet even mom will enjoy those...Which itinary are you doing, east or west? There are some good shore excursions you may want to book, just to see some of the places you are stopping at...

The flowrider is a gas, be sure to give it at least one try, if not, just go back there and watch, that will be entertaining too. There is also a zip line that sounds pretty cool too.

Wow, I'm excited for you both!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 2nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Steve, which itinerary are you doing? I stayed on board twice...I was ill, other than that, I am off in a heartbeat....

We can all share where to go, and, what to see, once where know where you are going I call this the cruisers waiting room! We will help you get through the wait!

Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks Donna!

Thanks (again) Trip!

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean

Currently, im over the weight limit for the zip line, but I am working daily on it! I fully intend to do the zip, and the flowrider! ;-)

Any advise on what the best things to do are would be AWESOME!!!

Thanks guys!

;-)
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Familiar Face

For the Comedy shows, do you know if they are all the same comedian doing the same show? or if you go a couple times will you see a different act?

Thanks!
Old October 3rd, 2010, 04:41 AM
Admiral

You shouldn't see the same show during the week. Be sure to read your daily paper for the times and different shows each evening.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 3rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
Familiar Face

Hey Donna! Thanks for the reply. I guess what I am wondering is this, I am trying to book some of the shows in advance and I would like to catch more than one comedy act. I have already booked us for the first night to see the "Chicago" show aboard Allure. I want to book a couple nights for comedy shows and I would have to find out they are the same shows once on board. I have searched and I have yet to find any info on who is going to be on the Allure. Any advise on the best times to see what shows would be greatly appreciated.

also, a newbie question for you...I keep seein "CD" and I have gathered that it is refering to the comedian, but I am currious as to what exactly "CD" stands for.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
Admiral

Cruise director

Old October 3rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Admiral

I'm not quite what comedy shows you are talking about. The major shows in the theater are different every evening, only shows that will be the same would be the water and ice show that you do need tickets for. I don't believe you'd need tickets for any of the others.

CD= Cruise Director

The CD will be making daily announcements and is always present before the nightly shows, will indroduce them actually. You wil see him/her around ship and in port, etc. Do you happen to know who the CD is of Allure?

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 3rd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Steve, we just came back from the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Oasis. It was our first time too and let me tell you - we are hooked! We're planning on doing the Western cruise on the Allure next year.

Just a couple of tips for you: Book all your shows as early as possible, before you leave. Some shows were full and some people who tried to get in, got turned down. I booked every single show on-line and we were able to just walk in (they scan your SeePass card first). Something else to remember, if you want the best seat, arrive at least minimum 15 mins before the show starts. Also, they have a comedy show but they also have a Headliner show. On our cruise, we had Finis Henderson (Impersonator). He was awesome. You might get someone else or some other type of show as the Headliner but I would reserve it as I'm sure it will be worth going to. We didn’t know who we were going to get or what type of show it was, until were on the ship.

Unrelated to your question, but worth mentioning:
• Beef Sandwich at the Park Cafe (if they have it on Allure) in Central Park - simply wonderful
• We found the food in the Main Dining Room (MDR) to be quite good and didn't see the need to go to any of the specialty restaurants.
• Formal Nights in the MDR - we didn't want to bring a suit but we're glad we did. Most everyone dressed up and it was actually kind of nice walking around the ship and seeing most everyone in their formal wear.
• We did the Atlantis excursion in Nassau. It was stunning! We loved it and would definitely go back. But be prepared to do a lot of walking. The place is huge. I wish we had more time to spend there.
• You can set up your on board credit with a credit card on-line too. I would do that before you leave too. That way you don’t have to stand in line at Guest Services. You can check your account from the TV in your room.
• Sign up before you leave to become a Crown & Anchor Society member and take your membership number with you. This way if you decide to go on another cruise you qualify for special pricing and on board credits on your next cruise. On your first day or as early as possible, make an appointment with the booking agents. I waited until the second to the last day to do this and they were all booked so lost the chance to get the bonus credits for the next cruise.
• If you miss some of the other non-reservation shows like the Marriage or Belly Flop show, you can still watch them on the TV in your room.

Finally, I think you will have the time of your life! We certainly did and are looking forward to next year’s cruise on Allure!!!
Old October 3rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I'm not quite what comedy shows you are talking about. The major shows in the theater are different every evening, only shows that will be the same would be the water and ice show that you do need tickets for. I don't believe you'd need tickets for any of the others.

CD= Cruise Director

The CD will be making daily announcements and is always present before the nightly shows, will indroduce them actually. You wil see him/her around ship and in port, etc. Do you happen to know who the CD is of Allure?
Well, I assume Chicago is going to be the same show every time, yes?

And on the RCI website when I log in to mycruise, it shows me that I can book "Comedy Show" every night. it doesn't give any information on what comedian will be performing that night. So, if I book for tuesday night, and then again for wed night, would it be different? As the only option I have for comedy, is listed comedy show, and then each night with a time I can book. does this make more sense as to what im trying to ask? lol
Old October 3rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:

CD= Cruise Director

Well, I assume Chicago is going to be the same show every time, yes?

And on the RCI website when I log in to mycruise, it shows me that I can book "Comedy Show" every night. it doesn't give any information on what comedian will be performing that night. So, if I book for tuesday night, and then again for wed night, would it be different? As the only option I have for comedy, is listed comedy show, and then each night with a time I can book. does this make more sense as to what im trying to ask? lol
Old October 3rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Yes, the comedy shows will be different each evening, same as the broadway show, Chicago. So, go ahead and book those shows....

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 3rd, 2010, 08:49 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Yes, the comedy shows will be different each evening, same as the broadway show, Chicago. So, go ahead and book those shows....
oh boy, I am so confussed about the broadway show now! lol

im sorry for my ignorance.

I thought that "Chicago" was a set show...a show with a script. is it not the same script every time it is performed? for example, if I were to go see a movie, it would be the same if I watched it again. and if I were to go to my local theater to see a play one night that was showing at 2 times, it would be the same show, just offered at differant times.

so when I see "Chicago" offered every night on the ship, and I am assuming it is the same show every night so that everyone gets a chance to see it...am I wrong? is it really a differant show under the same name every night?

again, im so sorry its taking me further clearification. I am thankful for your patience.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 08:53 PM
Familiar Face

MiMart, Thank you so much for your post. the information is awesome and I appreciate it.

I am very very excited to sail on Allure. I am hoping to get to see the ocean because I have never seen it before and to see it from the rails of a ship would be amazing! From what I have heard, it isnt that easy to see the sea aboard the ships. that is a little disapointing...but im sure the experience will still be amazing!
Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:

CD= Cruise Director

Donna, the CD for Allure will be : Ken Rush
Old October 4th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Yes, you are correct about the "Chicago" show...You can choose the day/time you want to see it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks so much!

The wait is killing me! this is going to be a very long 70 days!

:-)