CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Allure or Oasis? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/377654-allure-oasis.html)

addicted2 October 23rd, 2010 07:37 PM

Allure or Oasis?

We just got back from a wonderful Oasis cruise and was wondering if we should go on her again or Allure next fall. Would like to get the opinion of others. Thanks all.

Manuel October 23rd, 2010 08:24 PM

Either way you can't go wrong.:D
We were on the Oasis in april and will be on the Allure in january.:-) :cool:

TM

Trip October 23rd, 2010 09:05 PM

If it were my decision, it would be an easy one...The Allure...you have already enjoyed the Oasis, so why not go brand new, and be able to compare...after you do, your next choice will be an easy one....the one you liked more;)

Donna October 23rd, 2010 09:55 PM

Just in case you do decide on Allure, we have a Cruisemates group cruise on Allure of the seas next Oct. 2nd, 2011.

Here is a link to all the important details:

Allure of the seas

AF1 October 23rd, 2010 10:29 PM

Go on Allure; their will be some differences between the two; the shows will be different; Allure has Rita's Cantina; a Brazialian Churisso, Starbucks; etc.

Euphonic October 24th, 2010 11:06 AM

I would for sure go on Allure! I will be on Allure in December, and I am already looking forward to Oasis next year just to see the differant show.

Manuel October 24th, 2010 11:59 AM

AF!, you have a lot of info on the Allure.

Is that Brazilian sausage going to be available in the Dog House?

TM

Sulross October 25th, 2010 07:50 AM

Allure

The wife and I did the Oasis last December. We will try the Allure in July. We know they are sister ships, but want to compare and find some distances.

seadog2 October 31st, 2010 09:05 PM

DW and I did the Oasis in January. We are booked on the Allure for October 23rd of 2011.

richstacy November 10th, 2010 01:57 PM

These ships are great for first time cruisers, or for those who, for whatever reason, just can't get enough of the Caribbean, but for the rest of us -- there is a whole big wide, infinitely interesting world out there to be seen and experienced. That will never happen on these behemoths. IMHO, they are floating amusement parks. They are, to be sure, great engineering feats, and I may try one , (just once for the experience) but any relationship between them and real ships is purely coincidental. They are designed for the Caribbean only, and not for the most exotic or interesting ports there even!

antonis83 May 2nd, 2011 05:08 AM

Allure

Allure on October 23rd 2011!!

AF1 May 2nd, 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1324886)
AF!, you have a lot of info on the Allure.

Is that Brazilian sausage going to be available in the Dog House?

TM

The dog house has german brats and mets; they also have regular dogs; which u can dress up with kraut; chili, etc. I was with a group of 20; and everyone who ate at the dog house liked it.

DiamondMember May 5th, 2011 01:07 PM

Allure is amazing and has (what I think) better food options like the dog house and Brazilian Steak House. Allure also has iPod docking stations in each cabin as well. I'm sailing on Oasis in three weeks to experience the difference between the two ships; however, the hot dog place was Awesome - not really sure how a donut hut on Oasis will fill that gap for me..haha.

Manuel May 17th, 2011 04:51 PM

I have sailed on the Oasis and the Allure.

Next april we will be back on the Oasis. :D :cool: :-)

TM

Sulross May 17th, 2011 05:54 PM

Did the Oasis second week of December 09 and am doing the Allure in 5 days. I want to compare them both. A lot is the same, but there are differences with crew and such. Like to see for my self. Get advice from others, but compare first hand.