Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Beginner

Default Grand vs. Owner's Suite on Allure

Hi all. We are planning to sail on 10/9/2011 on the Allure and we're not sure what to do. It's our fifth year wedding anniversary and we want to do something special. We were originally interested in the Crown Loft but I felt it was too pricy. I really like the looks of the Owner's Suite but is it really worth it? I was wondering if anyone else had an opinion on this.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2010, 10:38 AM
First Mate

For two people, a grand suite is perfect. I've had both and can tell you that the Owners Suite is really nice, but it's like almost too much space for two people.
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Captain

Wife and I are perfectly fine in a "GS" and it counts as a full suite for use of the concierge lounge (2-story on these ships). If you want in-room dining at a table or the HUGE flat screen TV (swivels to face your bed or the living room area) then be sure to pull up the floorplan of the "OS" because to me, it really is a cabin for entertaining.
Old November 7th, 2010, 02:34 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember View Post
For two people, a grand suite is perfect. I've had both and can tell you that the Owners Suite is really nice, but it's like almost too much space for two people.
I agree. A Grand suite is perfect for two people and what we prefer when just me and DH. We had an owners suite on the Oasis for us and our two teenagers and it was perfect for at least four people but would have been to big for just the two of us alone. Have a great time cruising!
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007