Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Familiar Face

Default Oasis Cabin-Boardwalk or Central Park Balcony???

I have traveled many times on Royal Carribean. We are trying to go on the Oasis in January. We always choose balcony cabins so I have watched the ocean many times. One of the attractions to Oasis is the balcony views of the Boardwalk and Central Park. I want to change the cruising experience and book one of these balconies rather then an ocean view. Need opinions on which location is better -

Thanks -
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Admiral

The Boardwalk cabins seem to be pretty cool. You can see the boardwalk as well as the acquatheater, and the ocean.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old October 31st, 2010, 11:36 AM
First Mate

I'd recommend neither, keep in mind that the people directly across the park or boardwalk can see directly into your cabin. You may end up with your shades drawn for most of the cruise to gain privacy. An ocean-view would be a better choice.
Old October 31st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Just my nickels worth--I've never been on the Oasis but it would seem to me with the privacy issue just mentioned and the fact that to me after a day or two , having a balcony looking down on something like a shopping mall would get very old very quickly.
Would you want to go to a mall and have a balcony above the crowds when you could have one on the outside looking at the ever-changing ocean?
Just something to think about but I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of which you choose.
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:26 PM
Admiral

It's more than looking at a mall. If you get a cabin towards the back of the board walk you get spectular views of the goings on of the boardwalk plus a good view of the shows on the acqua theater and you can see the ocean.
As far as privacy, you won't be seeing those people again.

Go and enjoy whatever cabin you pick.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old October 31st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

jdh, suggest you go to oasisoftheseas link and click on the various videos; they have a video where they interview people who have stayed in both a boardwalk and a central park cabins; they give you pros and cons to staying there. I myself have booked a boardwalk cabin; I have been in three balcony cabins; and yes they are nice; changing scenery every day; but I will also experience changing scenery on the boardwalk; I will be able to see out the back of the ship and see the ocean; I will see different people everyday on the boardwalk and I can watch the aquashow and gigantic movie screens from my balcony; so there you have it. enjoy. I'm not worried about privacy issues; u just close your curtain; no big deal.
cheers
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:15 AM
First Mate

To each their own, from my perspective - after spending the amount of money to have the comfort of a balcony and natural light, I don't see the value in having to keep my curtains closed for a larger portion of the cruise.
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:04 PM
Passenger

Default Boardwalk or Central Park Balcony

These cabins are nothing more than inside cabins with a balcony. There is a big privacy issue. People in the consierge lounge have great view of boardwalk cabins not to mention your neighbors opposite. go for the ocean balcony.
I am an independent traveler, but don't like paying the single supplement. I love to cruise and do it often. I winter on Margarita Island. Next December I would like to visit South Africa. I also have an interest in the Pacific.
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:19 PM
First Mate

We just returned from Oasis having said that I would strongly suggest the ocean view balcony if you like to spend time on the balcony and enjoy relaxing on it. I noticed that we rarely saw anyone on the balconies in Central Park and the Boardwalk. There is no privacy at all and unless you are on the higher decks the ocean is obstructed by the wind screen sails behind the aquatheater on the Boardwalk balconies anyway. Whatever you decide you will have a wonderful time on your cruise the Oasis is an awe inspiring ship.
Mariner January 8, 2012

Past Cruises:
Radiance April 2, 2011
Mariner January 9, 2011
Oasis 9 October 2010
Majesty 20 August, 2010
Mariner January 31, 2010
Adventure September 27, 2009
Explorer March 27, 2009
Monarch January 9, 2009
Liberty September 2008
Mariner June 2007
Monarch June 2006
Old October 24th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Just my nickels worth--I've never been on the Oasis but it would seem to me with the privacy issue just mentioned and the fact that to me after a day or two , having a balcony looking down on something like a shopping mall would get very old very quickly.
Would you want to go to a mall and have a balcony above the crowds when you could have one on the outside looking at the ever-changing ocean?
Just something to think about but I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of which you choose.
A different nickels worth , Ron , if you look at her photos you will see that the Boardwalk balcony has more then just a view of the crowds (also ever-changing :-) below. You also have ? 90ish degree view of the ever-changing ocean behind the ship and a very nice view of the Aqua Theater , though you need to watch the show at least once sitting down in the seats to really get the awesomeness of the water shows. Overhead you have the zip line running down the middle of the opening overhead. There are people rock climbing up both sides of the back of the ship that you probably can not really see ...unless you/your room is really far back. We had an inside last cruise on the Oasis but booking now for next year and was just on here trying to find videos of views from different cabins to help on room selection. Maybe I should have changed this to ....my two cents worth.
ps...thanks for everyone's photo post of their cruise on the Oasis.