CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Promenade cabins - noise? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/377831-promenade-cabins-noise.html)

sistagoldenhair November 1st, 2010 07:14 PM

Promenade cabins - noise?

Hi,

I have one of the Promenade cabins booked - can anyone tell me if you can hear the activities from your cabin? I'm wondering how late the parade and other happenings go? Did it bother you enough to not book one of these again?

Thanks.

Donna November 1st, 2010 08:16 PM

I've never heard of anyone complaining about a noise issue in these cabins, just the open window that you can view from across the way. Just remember to close the drapes when chaning clothes, etc. The parades are during the day, not late at nite.

Captain November 1st, 2010 08:30 PM

I will let you know. I just booked one also. But with all the research I did, no one had complaints.

Queen of Diamonds November 2nd, 2010 07:08 PM

We had a deck 7 Promenade room on Navigator, we were in 7305 IIRC, so not quite midships, but we heard no noise, even when the Parade or 'Dancing in the Streets' night was on, we could only hear a little muted music. Not enough to disturb you if you are early to bed. The only people who hear noise are those directly over the pub, from the comments I have seen online.. it's a great place to people watch..
Remember that you are overlooked and you overlook the opposite cabins, so don't forget curtains....! :D

The parade starts late on the first night, around 10-30 or 11pm, goes on for an hour or more, and the Dancing in the Streets starts around 9ish IIRC and lasts a couple of hours.
The best place to watch the parade is right outside the pub, you can see both ways and a lot of the action takes place on the 'bridge' over the Promenade at that point.

sistagoldenhair November 3rd, 2010 01:39 PM

Thanks everyone :D

Royal for sure October 17th, 2013 11:28 AM

Remember, promenade rooms on decks 6 and 7 have speakers under the windows ( deck 6 above, deck 7 below.. one speaker) for recorded music played during the day and evening ... i have heard complaints from people who booked those cabins... i booked a deck 8 promenade room.... there are no speakers located above or under them...

storybookcruises.com October 17th, 2013 08:51 PM

We've never heard any complaints from our clients who booked the promenade cabins on any level. So, we decided to book our own promenade cabin on Deck 6 right in the middle and the only time we ever heard any noise at all was when they had the nightly parade, which ends rather early, and we had absolutely no complaints whatsoever. The cabins are very nice, no noise, and actually appear to be much larger than a regular inside cabin because of the bay window.

Pete

thecruisequeen October 17th, 2013 09:26 PM

Had the promenade cabin once don't remember which ship :oops::oops: It was not noisy...