Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Familiar Face

Question How do I price a back to back cruise?

Hi there,
Following our first RCI cruise on Brilliance OTS, we are hooked!
Now saving hard for a 2012 cruise on either Oasis or Allure and I have a couple of questions.
1. What are the best months to cruise in the Caribbean?
2. As we shall be travelling from the UK, I would like to book ... flights, a hotel in Ft Lauderdale for 2 nights pre sailing and Eastern/Western 7 night cruises back to back. How can I obtain quotes for this? Do I go to RCI for all or part of the package? We had a really bad experience with an agent which was never resolved as Brilliance was totally full when she sailed. So we are very wary about how to book up again! I suppose as long as we can book flights and a hotel in Ft Lauderdale we can save money and let RCI book the rest.
Thoughts please Ladies and Gents, all I want at this point is info on how to get quotes (and claim my Gold Pass discount too!)
Thanks
Christine :-)
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenclare View Post
Hi there,
Following our first RCI cruise on Brilliance OTS, we are hooked!
Now saving hard for a 2012 cruise on either Oasis or Allure and I have a couple of questions.
1. What are the best months to cruise in the Caribbean?
2. As we shall be traveling from the UK, I would like to book ... flights, a hotel in Ft Lauderdale for 2 nights pre sailing and Eastern/Western 7 night cruises back to back. How can I obtain quotes for this? Do I go to RCI for all or part of the package? We had a really bad experience with an agent which was never resolved as Brilliance was totally full when she sailed. So we are very wary about how to book up again! I suppose as long as we can book flights and a hotel in Ft Lauderdale we can save money and let RCI book the rest.
Thoughts please Ladies and Gents, all I want at this point is info on how to get quotes (and claim my Gold Pass discount too!)
Thanks
Christine :-)
Christine:

I definitely would use a travel agent to book the cruises. I can give you the name of a good one if you PM or email me.

I do recommend that you book your hotel on your own. Cruise line hotel packages are extremely overpriced. I would check on what the cruise line air pricing is but I would bet that you can do better on your own.

The "best" deals for the Caribbean are between September and December except for U.S. Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Back to Back (B2B) is usually booked as two separate cruises. You will get to keep the same cabin and don't have to dis-embark between cruises unless you want to.
As a Canadian's we preder Jan or Feb to get away from the cold , wet & snowy weather of Canada.
As your from Europe you'l probably have to use a local agent not a large american one.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess