Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Rccl Super deals now! Last Minute

Rccl has some of the best prices I have ever seen. For example 4 nights leaving Nov 29th $149.00 double occupancy or a single florida resident $151.
Many great deals for single cruisers.
Let me know if you find your deal. Have a great time cruising. Ed

Last edited by Snoozeman; November 20th, 2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: advertising links
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Majesty of the Seas was on sale last week for $119 for 4 nights, on November 26th- unfortunately the only people who can take advantage of that price is residents of states close enough to drive. Last minute flights are impossible! $$$
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Another good reason to live in Florida.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
First Mate

Well, day before yesterday, I found a great price. Yesterday, I called Crown and Anchor (platinum) because the C&A site wasn't letting me in, and I also asked if that sailing had any balconies (note on site said, call). The lady said, "No, all booked." I told her what I had seen the day before -- lots of ov's available -- and I'd get back as soon as I double checked with my husband. Called after dinner, and the price for that ov had gone up $500 pp!!!! I couldn't believe it! I had never seen anything like that. I had spent all evening that first night, checking flights, and hotels, and am I ticked off. So, I go over to Celebrity, where I had seen somehing else that interested me that first night of checking. They have a Thanksgiving special, $100 off a veranda -- what they did is raise them all by $100, to discount them.
I pick off the sale label on clothes to be sure I haven't had a price jacked up to stick a sale label on it -- not so easy to do on a cruise line. Royal's travel agents, not C&A folks, remain the same surly people I had remembered. I had forgotten since I haven't cruised in almost 2 yrs, how much I hate dealing with them. Out of principle, it looks like I won't be cruising for awhile longer.
Old December 26th, 2010, 08:50 PM
First Mate

I should do an update. The next day after finding the price on the cabin I had planned to book increase over $500 within hours and deciding to forego it, I got a call from RCCL. The very nice person, said he knew I had called the previous night. I explained how I was intending to book, and then, boom, prices went up precipitously high, within hours of stating my intention of booking later in the evening. Well, he said, it just so happened he had a cancellation and I could have it at the price I had intended to book it at the previous day. So I booked it. The price was the best I have ever managed to get (about 80 a night), but the cabin is not the best -- all the way aft. When I had talked to RCCL the day before, there had been many ov's at that price, including mid ship. Maybe they started selling fast, and that is why the huge jump in price between morning and evening. I don't know, nor do I really understand why I got called, but I did get a great price. I asked to be put on a wait list for something should a cabin more mid ship open up, but they are sold out of ov's now, so I guess my all-the-way-aft will just have to do. They do have some balconies available, and we sail in 6 days -- has anyone ever been able to upgrade at the port for a reasonable bump up in price? I'd do it if the price was right.